UD 1.0.0 and Beautiful Widgets

ballisticn8

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has disabled their clock under user interface settings and is running beautiful widgets?

I have beautiful widgets running and clock in status bar disabled and for some reason Beautiful Widgets time no longer updates, its stuck exactly where it was when I disabled the clock. The clock in the lock menu is correct. Issue goes away as soon as I drop the clock back into the status bar.

Suggestions?!? Anyone else experience it or want to disable the clock in the status bar to try it out?

OP
ballisticn8

ballisticn8

Reaction score
gonna disable the clock again and re-add the widget, re flashed...

OP
ballisticn8

ballisticn8

Reaction score
reflashing and removing the widget, disabling the clock, rebooting, then re-adding the widget worked...

mods feel free to close/delete thread. thx!

the cdogg

Reaction score
are you using launcher pro? I found that if I use the "keep in memory" option it freezes my widgets. Uncheck that and restart launcher pro. See if that helps.

OP
ballisticn8

ballisticn8

Reaction score
are you using launcher pro? I found that if I use the "keep in memory" option it freezes my widgets. Uncheck that and restart launcher pro. See if that helps.

This might have actually been the culprit. I've never had that be a problem before on any rom I've run, guess maybe I've just been lucky as I just restore my launcher pro settings then re-add the widgets every rom.

We will give it a try, cant hurt since I got to work at 6:45 and beautiful widgets is still telling me its 5:22.

OP
ballisticn8

ballisticn8

Reaction score

ding ding ding, we have a winner. been about 3 hours now and no more issues. thats odd that its never happened before using any other rom but oh well, its working now.

dancedroid

Mohawk3

Reaction score

ding ding ding, we have a winner. been about 3 hours now and no more issues. thats odd that its never happened before using any other rom but oh well, its working now.

dancedroid

It has only been about 10 minutes since I unchecked keep in memory and now and my beautiful widgets appear to be working again.

I also thinks this is weird since it hasn't happened with any other rom and it was working until a day or two ago when it started randomly locking up on me.

I know that I haven't updated Launcher Pro yet since I haven't taken the time to remove it from system apps. I wonder if that will allow keep in memory to be checked again.