u-connect and blue-tooth

ndnguyd

Reaction score
Phone wont run with brand new truck. Bluetooth says paired but not connected . The u-connect bluetooth keeps freezing up. Thought it might be the unit in the new truck so the dealer put a new unit in and having the same issues. Any one else?? Help

OP
N

ndnguyd

Reaction score
It has the voice recognition system from Dodge/ Chrysler called u-connect used to be called Mygig I believe.

tweekes

Reaction score
U Connect Problems

I have the same problem on my 2005 300C Chrysler. It set up fine and worked a few days, now it shows paired but not connected. Funny, no worries with my old Blackberry. Verizon says it's my cars fault and I need to take it to Chrysler. Any one been able to solve this?

OP
N

ndnguyd

Reaction score
Phone wont run with brand new truck. Bluetooth says paired but not connected . The u-connect bluetooth keeps freezing up. Thought it might be the unit in the new truck so the dealer put a new unit in and having the same issues. Any one else?? Help

Got bluetooth working( for now anyhow) downloaded bluetooth helper in apps. on droid .:)

xfireguru

Reaction score
i believe there was a firmware upgrade made available to dealers for u-connect systems refusing to successfully connect to bt enabled phones. we've been having a few issues pairing some of the newer blackberry models with certain vehicles including the ram and 300. i haven't heard of any problems with the droid yet, however.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sunshine4U

Reaction score
Bluetooth Helper aps on Droid

You indicated that you downloaded Bluetooth Helper aps on your droid which seemed to help. What model of Droid do you have as I don't see that as an option with my Droid Incredible?

kingsfan33

Reaction score
just got my 2011 jeep grand cherokee. having serious issue/problem with my droid x and the uconnect
the pairing with the droid x goes ok. but as soon as a call is made or received the call drops after a second or 2. after trying some troubleshooting, i see that the connecting of the two devices interferes with the radio signal, which is what causes the call to be dropped.
Any solutions??

p.s. i see that the droid x is not on the list of compatible devices listed here https://www.jeep.com/hostb/crossbra...patibility_Test_Results_Final_Draft_REV_C.pdf

but what am i supposed to do??? i cant return the car and im not gonna switch phones. my dx is rooted, i also tried downloading an app in the market called bluetooth fix repair, but it did not help.

thanks a lot in advance.

actionjack

Reaction score
Motorola Droid

I connected a couple times but then loose connection in a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. HELP!!!

kingsfan33

Reaction score
I got i working on my 2011 grand cherokee.
it was a pain but i factory wiped my device and actually restored to factory using the sbf file.
i bet i messed up the radio when i installed a patch work around for wifi tethering to work.
it works perfect now.

actionjack

Reaction score
What is an sbf file? I know I haven't installed anything that would have messed with the bluetooth. Someone mentioned a bluetooth helper app, I searched the market and couldn't find anything like name that. Can anyone supply a link or something to this. Really hate that I can't use one the nicest features of my new vehicle.

kingsfan33

Reaction score
ok i know this was frustrating, nothing like buying a new car and then finding out that u cant use one of the best features, being bluetooth.

if the issue you are having is the same that I was having - before worrying about the sbf file, let me ask you this. was your droid x rooted? if so, did you ever install a patch to allow you to use the 3g tether app on the phone? i *think* thats what messed mine up.

either way first delete the paired device on your uconnect then - do a factory wipe after u backup your stuff (go into settings, privacy, factory data reset)

then try try repairing and connecting.

actionjack

Reaction score
Not rooted. Thanks for the information, will try it tonight when I get home. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again!!!