1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

txt message spam?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Ruffy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Ruffy

Ruffy New Member

Hello all. well as soon as i got my droid i got this txt message. 118012222289 zmail spam stuff and says to simply stop these message please reply to this one. and under that it says charges may apply. so what the!!! its a lose lose on this one?
  2. allikanbe

allikanbe New Member

I never got a spam text, but I sure would NOT reply to it. I would just delete it.
  3. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Handcent lets you blacklist numbers. You might get the text, but you will never see it. Plus, you can block premium messaging through the settings on your VZW online account, or stop into a store and have them blocked.
  4. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

It's just like the old days on the internet (although some people still fall for it).

If a txt message or email says "click here to stop/remove yourself, etc., you can be sure of one thing.

It's a trap. (Usually). It's just a way for the spammer to confirm your number/email, etc.

Just delete it.
  5. JoDaCoda

JoDaCoda New Member

I'm getting the exact same message!!

I never got these until I had to send my phone into Motorola for repair. As soon as it came back yesterday, I started getting them almost every hour.

Definitely don't click the link. I'm sure it's a trap!! :icon_evil:
Search tags for this page

77970 txt earth

77970 txtearth

spam msg from zmail on samsung 3
text messages from zmail
txt earth complaints
who is sending text messages that say zmail