Two Things I Need Confirmed

Danimals

Reaction score
I'm currently choosing between the Incredible and the original Droid now, and I'd appreciate if somebody could answer these questions.

Is the hole for the headphone jack on the top or one of the sides?

Is there a GBA emulator?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I'm currently choosing between the Incredible and the original Droid now, and I'd appreciate if somebody could answer these questions.

Is the hole for the headphone jack on the top or one of the sides?

Is there a GBA emulator?

1) on top for both

2) yes, theres a few out there

R24D24

Reaction score
I traded one for the other, but maintain one for a business line for work, and I can say IMO the Inc is far superior. Your other questions have been answered, but I thought I might lend my opinion.

Chumley

Reaction score
Can you compare the reception and the call quality? What about the battery life for both. I'm in the same boat as the OP.

R

rushmore

Where I live, Droid seems a tad better with reception, but not enough for a deal buster and I still think the Inc has bar and dBm accuracy issues and the signal is better than what it says. Advantages of Inc over Droid:

1. Microsd card is not stuck behind the battery, so hot swappable.
2. FM radio
3. 6.6gb of built in media space.
4. Twice the ram
5. Over three times the app space out of box and no need, for a long time, worrying about apps2sd. Droid has 228mb out of box and Inc has 748mb. I have 304mb of apps and still 444mb free :)
6. The 512mb rom is only used for the OS and stock apps, so no need to worry about losing app space due to OS upgrades.
7. Movies and images look better, but text is a little better on the Droid (more sharp).
8. Snapdragon is faster. I have had the Droid 3430 OC'd and also have an N900. Incredible blows them away IMO. The extra 256mb of ram is part of the reason as well.
9. Though no keyboard, Droid's is kind of weak and the response and multi touch on the Inc works great. Game emulators work better than expected :)
10. Camera is better
11. It has Flash Lite 4 (10.1 compliant) and Flash works GREAT with Dolphin HD browser (much better than stock browser). No need to wait months (most likely) for Flash, since you will already have it with the Inc :)

OP
D

Danimals

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

Also, could somebody show me a good GBA emulator for the Incredible?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just search GBA Emulator on the market.

techguru

Reaction score
I agree with everything rushmore said, but he did not address the battery life. Inc is much worse on battery life than original Droid unfortunately.

Alan