TWO LG V10 phones exhibit remarkable inability to make phone calls

dslomer64

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V10
I have an LG V10. It has had problems with dropping calls and voice dropouts on both ends since January. Verizon finally sent me a new (make that REFURBISHED) V10 yesterday. SAME PROBLEMS, even worse. Android 6.0 OS for "new" phone. Had two post-6.0 upgrades for old phone, one specifically for LG V10 (if I interpreted screen messages correctly). Only made problem worse.

The sad thing is I like the phone. It has some nice features. I really don't want a different phone. But it is almost impossible to make a call that goes smoothly. On average, one in three calls (often 3 in a row) get dropped. Most people I'm talking to say my voice is breaking up. MOST; to name a few: My doctor, Social Security 800 number, AND VERIZON REPS, which makes them pay attention, but problem doesn't get fixed. Hence I have to get rid of the phone. If two in a row exhibit the same unacceptable problems, how can I accept a third? Verizon customer care and tech support agree a third LG V10 will behave the same. How could it not?

My wife has a Droid Turbo and has NO PROBLEMS such as I have with my V10. I previously had a Motorola Razr. No recurrent problems.

According to a Verizon tech support person that I spoke to today, this is a well-known problem. I'm having trouble finding this exact problem with LG V10 phones, though. I want to have ammunition to hit the Verizon financial support (?) phone rep with to get rid of this piece of garbage. Can anyone help me find documentation of the problem?

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
Out of curiosity; do you have Advanced calling AND WIFI calling both on? I haven't had any problems with dropped calls, etc. My dBm normally is at -84 to -92. Closer to my tin roof the better :) Data speeds are also great. I ha the Droid Turbo and here it was horrible reception, now that I had dropped calls, etc. on. Guessing it could be locations or something going on with towers, that we both have the opposite outcome with the 2 phones.

OP
D

dslomer64

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V10
Out of curiosity; do you have Advanced calling AND WIFI calling both on? I haven't had any problems with dropped calls, etc. My dBm normally is at -84 to -92. Closer to my tin roof the better :) Data speeds are also great. I ha the Droid Turbo and here it was horrible reception, now that I had dropped calls, etc. on. Guessing it could be locations or something going on with towers, that we both have the opposite outcome with the 2 phones.
I've tried it with one, both, and neither. Same deal, although at one time, Advanced calling DID improve the situation of voice breakup for awhile.

OP
D

dslomer64

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V10
A Verizon rep called me last night about my complaint about earlier calls to reps and informed me that they are going to check the signal strength in the area of our condo and WILL find a solution to the problems I've had. He sounded genuine and knowledgeable, but I guess that's his job. He said to give it three days from yesterday morning.

A new question: I thought my phone was an LG V10 but that's only listed as "Phone name". The MODEL is said to be LG VS990, hardware rev. 1.0, Android ver. 6.0, Build MRA58K, config ver. B15.LGE.VS990.0, Software ver. VS99032A.

Should I be calling the phone V10 or VS990??

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Either is fine actually. The marketing friendly name is V10.

Wonder if they ever worked it out for him. My phone sounds great.