Two car docks for $29.98!

Reaction score
my two come tomorrow. cannot wait. i really want my rebate too for the droid. hope that comes soon :)

Reaction score
i love them! my rebate i checked one was denied for some bs reason! but i called and they reinstated it.

ps
Happy New Year All!

greyghost04

Reaction score
Got my car dock and while it's wildly overpriced at $30, it is worth $15. It's pretty cool when you insert your Droid and it goes into car mode. Nav works very well. Too bad I have built in Nav in my car. I look forward to taking it on vacation and using it in a rental car.

I had a thought about the Nav as I was testing it out. All Garmins, TomToms, ect., have USA and maybe Canada maps built in. When I was in Europe in Sept. I wished I had a GPS. Well as I see it, Maps has the whole world in it. We should be able to use our Droids for directions anywhere in the world, which puts it light years ahead of any current big name GPS. Do you agree?

OP
crspang

crspang

Reaction score
With the Droid being CDMA would you be able to use it internationally? Seems like I saw somewhere that it could do data but not calls internationally, is this true?
I agree about the value of the car mount, $30 is hard to justify even if it came with a charger. Glad I was able to get it for $15.

greyghost04

Reaction score
You are right about the CDMA part, Europe is all GSM. I wonder though, if data comes in another stream? If we can get data we get the maps. Really don't need the cellular part.

jasonb

Reaction score
I really like my car dock. Everytime I get in my car I put the droid in the dock and plug it into my car stereo. Love it love it love it!!! Well worth 15 bucks.

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with the music player app launching itself when the droid is in the car dock and the voice command not working or working well when in the car dock?

thanks

OP
crspang

crspang

Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble with the music player launching automatically, but I have had issues with the voice command part. Whenever I use the FM transmitter the voice command feature does not work, its as if the mic has been turned off. Phone calls work fine while using the FM transmitter though.

jasonb

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with the music player app launching itself when the droid is in the car dock and the voice command not working or working well when in the car dock?

thanks

I tested the nav and voice input WHILE listening to music with the droid plugged into my car stereo and it worked flawlessly for me. I was quietly playing music in the background when I told it to navigate me from my house to Wendys.

Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble with the music player launching automatically, but I have had issues with the voice command part. Whenever I use the FM transmitter the voice command feature does not work, its as if the mic has been turned off. Phone calls work fine while using the FM transmitter though.

thats it i had one of those wires with a tape on the end of it (to listen to music) instead of an fm transmitter and the voice search wouldnt work :(

and the craziness of the the music app launching too :(

P_McNeal

Reaction score
Anyone with a 2nd car dock looking to sell their spare? I'd love to get one for around $20 if possible.