Question on verizon account

Reaction score
Ok sorry if this is in the wrong spot but not sure where to post it. I know its not a droid topic. But here it goes. Im on a volunteer fire department and found out I can get a discount. I had my dad change me to the primary account holder so I could get the discount. I was then going to order the Thunderbolt today but I noticed on verizons webpage under my accounts it says mine and my dads phone are pending an order. Well before we changed this we were both eligiable for an upgrade. I contacted one verizon person on the website through chat and she said that since we changed that we are locked in for at least a year. It made no sense to me. She said we had to cancelle it order are phone and then change it again.

Well I thought that was strange so I did it again and talked to another person and he said I just have to wait for the transfer to go through and it will be fine. We will both have are upgrades like they were before. I told him what the other person said and he told me he never heard of that and if it was true they would have told us that before we switched the account over to me.

So my question is which one is right? I hope the second person is right. I really want to get this thunderbolt before the tierd data plan goes into effect. I will be one ticked off person if I cant get this phone. O and feel free to move this to the right forum if its not in the right one. Thank you

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, you'll have to wait and see. However, changing primary account holder shouldn't extend your contract. If it did, whoever made the change for you should have clearly pointed it out to you.

DROID11

Reaction score
Doing an Assumption of Liability (switching primary account holder) extends the contract 1 year from the date of the AOL. Even if you have 16 months on the contract they often make it 12 months from the day of the AOL. However, it does not affect your upgrade dates. When you get a new phone, though you'll be in contract for 2 years. Something to keep in mind, don't upgrade before you switch account holders! Your warranty on the new phone would automatically be void once you do the assumption of liability.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
B
Reaction score
Well we called verizon they said we had to cancelle it cause if we didnt they would lock us in with out upgrades. Really didnt make any sense to me. They said to get the phone we want then call back. They never mentioned anything about the warranty being void. I hope thats not true. It dont make any sense why it would. I never knew changing one person on the account to the account holder would be so hard. Im only doing this cause I just bought the Thunderbolt last night and should be here thursday and I get a 19% from are fire department and it would help save on my monthly payment. I always wanted a smartphone and expecially before the unlimited data went away.