Two big teaser trailers shown at Comic Con

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bat-signal-batman-s-armored-suit-leaked-first-official-look-from-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.jpeg

Both Marvel (Age of Ultron) and DC (Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice) gave the audience at Comic Con a peak at their upcoming movies. Batman is shown in his armored suit as Superman floats in eyes red and ready. We can not post the video here because as soon as it make its way on to YouTube the video is reported an immediately removed. But if you are anxious to take a peak of a poor resolution video you can follow the bread crumbs left here .

For those who have seen the leaks what are your thoughts?

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I haven't seen the leaked video for BvS, but I have seen a lot of the leaked cam shots. As a fan of Batman: The Animated Series, I'm glad they gave Batman the iconic glowing eyes that I grew up with. However, as a fan of Superman, I'm worried this is going to be a live action remake of the Dark Knight Returns. TDKR was an awesome Batman story, but the inclusion of Superman was just awful.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't seen the leaked video for BvS, but I have seen a lot of the leaked cam shots. As a fan of Batman: The Animated Series, I'm glad they gave Batman the iconic glowing eyes that I grew up with. However, as a fan of Superman, I'm worried this is going to be a live action remake of the Dark Knight Returns. TDKR was an awesome Batman story, but the inclusion of Superman was just awful.

That is my concern as well. I am ok using elements of the story but I truly hope they have some talented writers who can come up with their own story that makes sense to the fans why Superman and Batman are at odds, how a retired Batman is going to be able to provide a convincing battle with a Superman who snapped Zod's neck, and explain how an old batman is going to be able to start a justice league. If they are able to provide the audience a compelling story that is well written and performed well on screen then they have a shot get the people behind the DC's Cinematic Universe. Because right now Marvel is just printing money with their universe as everything they put out people are crowding to the theaters to see. Even their upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy will probably end up being top dog for at least the first week it releases despite the majority of us not knowing who or what the Guardians are. And this world is big enough for two successful cinematic universes it is a matter of if DC can make it happen in a way that makes the audience want to see their favorite heroes on the big screen because they have faith that the studios are going to put out a good product worth the price of admission.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I don't have a complete lack of faith in the story, as apparently Chris Terrio is the main man behind the script with some help from Ben Affleck. I would prefer that Superman/Batman's relationship be that of Public Enemies, and I hope they draw inspiration from the source material that is NOT by Frank Miller.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have a complete lack of faith in the story, as apparently Chris Terrio is the main man behind the script with some help from Ben Affleck. I would prefer that Superman/Batman's relationship be that of Public Enemies, and I hope they draw inspiration from the source material that is NOT by Frank Miller.

As much as I liked Frank Miller's version for being a little darker I do not want a Batman that negligent for the safety of others. Plus I want to see something different and not direct movie adaption of animated. What made Nolan's Batman a hit for me was it was a different story. When I went to the theater I did not have the feel I knew what was going to happen next. And even so with Man of Steel (which had its problems) I liked that the story was something different.
The key is that it needs to be different, interesting, and a convincing story.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Btw, found a leaked version. I think the best part was the crowd reaction :)

Looks like this video and all other such videos have been removed. I hope this do not end up being like the Wolverine origins comic con reveal. When they showed Gambit people lost their minds and were all hyped up unfortunately the movie itself was eh.....
Any way good luck finding a leak now. But I am sure DC will later post it online. They are not stupid they know the reaction and want to keep the hype. But they have to be wise to build it up slowly and the capitalize with an awesome movie. Get people too hyped up too soon and they will be worn out. Give us a crappy movie and you may be like Sony after Amzing Spiderman 2 scrambling to right the ship.