1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Twitter/Facebook issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Dr.Soul, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Dr.Soul

Dr.Soul New Member

Ok I have had this problem be consistent on several roms now (BB04, the newest Kangerade and now Black Droid Rom 3.5) each time I have wiped data and cache before installing new rom.

Twitter issue: it will not sync to my contacts. I get a red exclamation mark pop up with a message that is gone so fast I can not read it.( eventually I have gotten to sync after repeatedly checking and unchecking the box) but so far on this rom i haven't got it to sync although data will sync

Facebook issue: I got facebook to sync just fine, but when I go into the app and try to refresh the notifications I get (Can not retrieve notifications. Please try again later. [-1/null]

Common Issues: neither applications will update tweets and or messages/activity(facebook) on its on I never get anything in the notification bar though both apps are set to do so.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Update: Got twitter to update and let me know when new tweets come in. Still haven't got it to sync with contacts though.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Dr.Soul

Dr.Soul New Member

Well now I'm to just having the facebook issue which it seems quite a few people are having. Starting one day last week the notifications sections gives a error message all the time.
  3. phazelag

phazelag New Member

My wife is having the same facebook for android issue where she has to keep logging in after an authentication failure. I have tried to reinstall, reboot, etc. Keeps happening. I have deleted the account page version and re-logged in, but still keeps happening.
Search tags for this page
android twitter problems with pictures

cannot post status at this time null

cannot retrieve activity at this time

cannot retrieve activity at this time how can i fix this pro
cannot retrieve tweets at this time problem and facebook
cannot retrieve tweets htc
cannot retrieve tweets this time

htc cannot retrieve tweets at this time

keeps saying cannot retrieve tweets at this time

phone keep saying cannot retrieve tweets at this time

twitter cannot retrieve tweets samsung galaxy