TV Now Lite app

Alster2005

Reaction score
I just DL this app. It works great and I am not even on WI Fi. It has more current episodes than Hulu which I usualy use. My question is this. Is there any ways to use my laptop to play the videos from my Droid, without tethering? I would basicaly just be using my laptop screen. I guess if it were possible everyone would be doing it. If I cant can anyone recomend a good tethering app. I haven't tried to use tethering yet. I have heard if you tether and use to much data Verizon may catch it and charge you. I haven't heard from anyone that this has happened to yet though. Any help would be great. Also, I don't need to do the wireless tethering. That's not realy importand to me. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Al.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I don't think what you want to do falls under the heading of tethering. I'm not sure, but I think you'd need something like an HDMI cable to plug your phone into your laptop then changing the desktop properties area for having what's playing on the small screen to also play on the bigger screen. Unless this only works from laptop to desktop monitor.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
The real question is, do you have home Internet access? (DSL, Cable, Whatever) If you do then you don't need your phone to watch TV shows. There are plenty of good sites that stream them. More then likely, the app is simply connecting to those sites anyway.

There are some ways to get your droid screen on the PC, however the frame rates are pretty slow, and really wouldn't make for good tv watchin'. IMO anyway.

Tethering simply gives your PC access to the 3g network, giving it Internet access.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I dont have internet at home. I just use my aircard and laptop. If doing it the way I wanted would lag and not look right forget it. See I work on a boat for 28 days at a time. I will watch hulu on my laptop but everyone knows that eats up a lot of my airtime. I thought of tethering since my data plan on the droid is unlimited but I have heard stories that if Verizon catches it they will bill you. I am even thinking about a tablet but I dont get wifi at most of the docks. And if you get a 4g tablet verizon puts an air time limit on thoes too. I guess I am screwed! LOL

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

krazinski

Reaction score
I've downloaded the full version of this app and am constantly having problems using it on my Droid X. I can rarely get through a show without it freezing up, and its constantly force closing. I have the movie version of this app as well with the same issue. I have updated my flash player to 10.3, I've made sure plug ins are always enabled. Any suggestions?

N4UPD

Reaction score
Seems like there have been a few problems with flash 10.3. Try going back to 10.2 and see if the problem persists.Just a suggestion.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Mine is now force closing also, and when it doesn't force close it says the show is not on the server. It has always worked great for me before. I know it got pulled from the market, did the app get blocked from conecting to the servers as well?

iRenegade

Reaction score
Mine is now force closing also, and when it doesn't force close it says the show is not on the server. It has always worked great for me before. I know it got pulled from the market, did the app get blocked from conecting to the servers as well?

Same here. It was working fine last week for me. Has any one tried the flash rollback?
It may very well be blocked. I remember reading Google was going to come out with their own video app, and that's why all the apps were taken off the Market.