Tsf shell

deduct

Reaction score
Anyone try this launcher out yet? If so, what are your impressions and how smooth is it on bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah I went for it, I've been waiting anxiously since it was first shown...I didn't think it would even be released. Overall, I'm very satisfied. It does seem like a good handful of features in the video aren't available yet, I'm really exploring and trying to find ways to make it work, but no luck yet. And the wallpaper system is really screwy, almost nothing is supported it seems or I'm doing something terrible wrong. The app drawer could use some work for sure, but the fact this thing is more or less 100% lag free, it doesn't seem like a chore to have to swype instead of just press. It's actually kind of fun when you get the hang of it.

It is pretty awesome though, still messing with it now. Using it on my Rezound.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
Awesome. It has been getting mixed reviews so i am very curious cause i have been waiting for it for awhile too. Might have to give it a try.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Heres a video someone made, it really doesn't even touch on half of whats possible or any of the current problems. But give it a few more hours and I'm sure there will be plenty more. Most of people's complaints are about something that was in the video but not this release. So if you're expecting full functionality out of the box, then you might want to wait.

km75

Reaction score
I wanted to give it a try. But when I go to the market it says not compatible with my device. Probably has to do with the fact that I'm using an ics ROM. Hopefully at some point it will be compatible.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
I went ahead and bit the bullet and am i glad i did. Very customizable launcher. And i imagine will only get better with time and updates. This should keep me happy until ics is released.

Drummynator

Reaction score
It says its not compatible with my Droid bionic. I'm on eclipse 2.0.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message. However, a large number of electrons on my DROID BIONIC were terribly inconvenienced.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
That sucks. Im stock 902 not rooted. Sure they will make it work with root in no time.

Drummynator

Reaction score
Ok, so I was getting impatient. I bought TSF on my Droid X because its compatible with that, then used root explorer to pull it and transfer it to my bionic. Everything works fine. It even responds faster on my bionic than my X.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message. However, a large number of electrons on my DROID BIONIC were terribly inconvenienced.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
Cool. I finally rooted yesterday so I lost my tsf. It was cool but I now have ics so I think I'll live.

sent from my rooted ics bionic

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Really? TSF isn't compatible with a rooted Bionic? That's lame.

Coming from a near-perfect GoLauncher experience, I have to say, it is INCREDIBLY smooth. A flow unique to other launchers. I don't think I've had a single hiccup when it comes to any sort of lag. I do have several other complaints though, a lot of which I'm sure will be in an update soon enough, others I'm doubtful of. So fluid though, and very navigable IMO.

But overall I love it, I love just flipping through screens and admiring my setup and aimlessly tweaking little things. Obviously it's biggest selling point is its plethora of customization options. But I feel like it stops there. Now that I'm all customized and set up it just seems...over. No swype gestures, no live wall papers, bottom buttons become all but useless among other issues, and I'm questioning the price tag considering the limitations on potential. Basically, it's an unfinished product that was rushed, probably because they needed money to further update it. However, I'm confident they will. And when they do.....totally worth it.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
I am a little bummed that I paid 17 and can't use it on this rom. I did flash back to blur yesterday and still had it as launcher. So it still works while rooted.

Drummynator

Reaction score
Really? TSF isn't compatible with a rooted Bionic? That's lame.

I'm rooted and running eclipse 2.0 and I have no problems running TSF.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
It is odd. The tsf widgets show up but the tsf launcher is absent from system while running this rom. Any ideas?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Anyone try to sideload the apk after flashing new rom? I can see MAYBE it not being compatible with ICS but even then i would think they missed the plot if they didn't future proof their new and outrageously expensive wip app.

Sent from my Rooted ICS'd VTAB1008 using DroidForums