Trouble getting into recovery

ptvolkmar

Reaction score
I can not seem to get into recovery. I turn the phone off, and turn it back on pressing the power and the home button at the same time. WHen it reaches recovery it keeps going from the android man and the box to the triangle. I can get into boot loader, but I need the recovery to use update.zip. I aam currently using GB 4.5.588.MB810 I do really love Gingerbread but I need to keep up with the updates. I have rooted via Gingerbreak, I have not removed anything, I use the wireless tether option and Titanium backup. I have downloaded 4.5.595 but can't get to recovery. any ideas?

Love my Droid X running Gingerbread
32GB A-Data MicroSDHC:greendroid:dancedroid:greendroid:

michael101108

Reaction score
from the android with triangle, press both volume buttons at the same time. then use the vol buttons 2 navigate and power button 2 select. it changed between froyo and gb

CD95YJ

Reaction score
from the android with triangle, press both volume buttons at the same time. then use the vol buttons 2 navigate and power button 2 select. it changed between froyo and gb

No, that is stock recovery. If your trying to go from .588 to .595 you need the D2 bootstrap app to boot into clockworkmod recovery to flash the updated gingerbread. If you use stock recovery the install will fail on the authentication check.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Antob125

Reaction score

No, that is stock recovery. If your trying to go from .588 to .595 you need the D2 bootstrap app to boot into clockworkmod recovery to flash the updated gingerbread. If you use stock recovery the install will fail on the authentication check.

DX Bootstrapper works on GB. All you gotta do is uncheck USB debugging

OP
P

ptvolkmar

Reaction score
That's right. What's the difference between DX Bootstrap and D2? I have DX installed. Do I have to buy D2?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
No, you don't have to buy the D2 bootstrap, just uncheck usb debugging prior to rebooting or you will get stuck in a bootloop and have to sbf back to froyo then reinstall gingerbread.

w7psk

Reaction score
Sorry thought I was replying to another message.