Tried doing a clean sweep for ICS....Now its borked.

Logan3824

Reaction score
Ok so I had the Eclipse rom installed along with safestrap....I went into recovery and did a factory reset / clean cache, I also formatted my sd card and formatted /system & /data. Now when I try to reboot it just goes to a black screen and won't boot up? I figured it would just go back to being stock but I guess not? Any ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow, I think you needed to sbf back.. I'm no rooter though.. hopefully someone will be along to help you out :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok so I had the Eclipse rom installed along with safestrap....I went into recovery and did a factory reset / clean cache, I also formatted my sd card and formatted /system & /data. Now when I try to reboot it just goes to a black screen and won't boot up? I figured it would just go back to being stock but I guess not? Any ideas?
I use bootstrap, but I think the safest return to stock for you is to download the Droid Razr Utility and run option 1 (return to stock .181).

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You wiped /system. So you wiped your whole ROM. Your phone has nothing to boot off of.

OP
L

Logan3824

Reaction score
syndicate0017 said:
You wiped /system. So you wiped your whole ROM. Your phone has nothing to boot off of.

Well by just factory resetting it didn't clear off the eclipse rom completely....I eventually fixed it by fastbooting back to .181 so im completely stock and ready to go for the update!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well by just factory resetting it didn't clear off the eclipse rom completely....I eventually fixed it by fastbooting back to .181 so im completely stock and ready to go for the update!

Right. A factory reset would only wipe /data and /cache partition leaving the ROM in tact. The only way to get back to stock would be to fastboot to a previous build like you did.