Transformer Prime at Best Buy?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yoo Dezy, that's the first one! Ha. He's talking about the TF201.

Sent from a forgotten phone... I mean HTC Thunderbolt.
LOL whoops:D In a way I did find a Transformer Prime :p

Just did some research, no release date for the new one yet. And from my experience with the Nexus, I wouldn't put too much hope into any rumored release dates:frown:

dzone67

Reaction score
LOL whoops:D In a way I did find a Transformer Prime :p

Just did some research, no release date for the new one yet. And from my experience with the Nexus, I wouldn't put too much hope into any rumored release dates:frown:

It's all good. Hey Dezy, im going to assume your into this tablet as well and that you most likely will buy it. Here's my question to you, are you still "hyped up" about this tablet? I know Lenovo is coming out with a tablet that has even better specs. Plus, with the iPad 3 peeking around the corner do you still believe the Prime will hold up? I did a post regarding this question a while ago but overall didn't get any decent responses ha.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's all good. Hey Dezy, im going to assume your into this tablet as well and that you most likely will buy it. Here's my question to you, are you still "hyped up" about this tablet? I know Lenovo is coming out with a tablet that has even better specs. Plus, with the iPad 3 peeking around the corner do you still believe the Prime will hold up? I did a post regarding this question a while ago but overall didn't get any decent responses ha.

Hahaha I assure you I am not going to purchase this tablet, I have a Xoom already:happy3:

As for this tablet, with it's quadcore, I don't see much benefit from the cpu. It will get ICS which was optimized for dualcore, so if anything you may see better battery life and maybe a bit smoother, but I don't think anything dramatic. I am not aware of Lenovo getting into the tablet game, but it would be good competition, they make pretty laptops, they just look a little too old school most of the time. The iPad is the top tablet for a reason, but it's just not for me, I loathe iOS and refuse to own such a device. Having a nano for one of my cars and using iTunes is a scenario I don't like, but I only got it to accommodate my car.

It's really up to the user. Do you like to tinker around with the OS? Is a seamless integration between your devices a key selling point? Is customization a big thing?

I can tell you that if I had to re-buy a tablet, it'd be an Android tablet, hands down. I love to tinker with the settings and all that and flash a ROM or two. I like being able to have widgets and making my tablet completely different from anyone else's tablet. As for the Prime holding up, it'll more than hold its own. It will release with Honeycomb (to my knowledge, which isn't much), but I can almost guarantee you that ICS will make it's way to it and if ICS on a tablet is anything like ICS on my Nexus, the future is certainly bright. For now, I personally love my Xoom and knowing it will get ICS means it'll be like getting a new tablet, which I can't wait for :).

To those of you who are waiting for this, don't give up. I waited the months for my Nexus and it's almost 3 weeks of ownership for me and I get a grin on my face everytime I pick it up. It'll be worth the wait, trust me.

dzone67

Reaction score
Hahaha I assure you I am not going to purchase this tablet, I have a Xoom already:happy3:

As for this tablet, with it's quadcore, I don't see much benefit from the cpu. It will get ICS which was optimized for dualcore, so if anything you may see better battery life and maybe a bit smoother, but I don't think anything dramatic. I am not aware of Lenovo getting into the tablet game, but it would be good competition, they make pretty laptops, they just look a little too old school most of the time. The iPad is the top tablet for a reason, but it's just not for me, I loathe iOS and refuse to own such a device. Having a nano for one of my cars and using iTunes is a scenario I don't like, but I only got it to accommodate my car.

It's really up to the user. Do you like to tinker around with the OS? Is a seamless integration between your devices a key selling point? Is customization a big thing?

I can tell you that if I had to re-buy a tablet, it'd be an Android tablet, hands down. I love to tinker with the settings and all that and flash a ROM or two. I like being able to have widgets and making my tablet completely different from anyone else's tablet. As for the Prime holding up, it'll more than hold its own. It will release with Honeycomb (to my knowledge, which isn't much), but I can almost guarantee you that ICS will make it's way to it and if ICS on a tablet is anything like ICS on my Nexus, the future is certainly bright. For now, I personally love my Xoom and knowing it will get ICS means it'll be like getting a new tablet, which I can't wait for :).

To those of you who are waiting for this, don't give up. I waited the months for my Nexus and it's almost 3 weeks of ownership for me and I get a grin on my face everytime I pick it up. It'll be worth the wait, trust me.

Thanks for you opinion. Yeah lenovo is coming out with a pretty dope tablet. Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/bprebv9
I as well am a huge/massive fan of Android but I like to have the best if you know what I mean. I really like the Asus but im not to sure on who really deserves money here. In the end, I think I'm just going to wait til the Prime releases and compare it with possible Quad core tablets.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Acer is coming out with a new Tegra 3 sexy looking tablet aswell. Love the all black look.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for you opinion. Yeah lenovo is coming out with a pretty dope tablet. Check it out: Exclusive: Lenovo to release a 10.1-inch Ice Cream Sandwich tablet with 1.6GHz Tegra 3 by year's end -- Engadget
I as well am a huge/massive fan of Android but I like to have the best if you know what I mean. I really like the Asus but im not to sure on who really deserves money here. In the end, I think I'm just going to wait til the Prime releases and compare it with possible Quad core tablets.

That Lenovo looks nice, too bad they have no pics of the screen! Unless I skipped it.

Yeah I understand if you want the best, but sometimes what is considered the best isn't what's for you, which is why "best" is subjective. If you like to tinker, Android wins, hands down. If you want it to work right almost 100% of the time, iOS wins that. All comes down to your personal preference. I love my xoom and wouldn't have it any other way and again, the fact it's going to get ICS means it wouldn't be too far behind future tablets.

dzone67

Reaction score
That Lenovo looks nice, too bad they have no pics of the screen! Unless I skipped it.

Yeah I understand if you want the best, but sometimes what is considered the best isn't what's for you, which is why "best" is subjective. If you like to tinker, Android wins, hands down. If you want it to work right almost 100% of the time, iOS wins that. All comes down to your personal preference. I love my xoom and wouldn't have it any other way and again, the fact it's going to get ICS means it wouldn't be too far behind future tablets.
+1. I'm excited for the Prime all over again ha! I really like the fact the Lenovo tablet has a USB on the actual tablet itself.

dzone67

Reaction score
Acer is coming out with a new Tegra 3 sexy looking tablet aswell. Love the all black look.

Wicked, is there a link you can please provide me with? I haven't seen the Acer!

OP
Z

ZBacks

Reaction score
Still nothing? This is taking forever!!

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Any reason we can't get a separate forum for the Prime.... Would love to have a general discussion like I did with my Nexus to pass the time :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums