Transferring Phone Contacts

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by bar99, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bar99

bar99 New Member

I recently got my first smartphone...the Galaxy S3. I love the device. It is amazing what it can do and I know I am only scratching the surface. The learning curve is pretty steep. My question is..."How do I transfer the Contacts from my Galaxy S3 to my gmail account on my PC?" I can't seem to find a way to do it. Any ideas?
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

It should automatically sync your contacts with the Gmail account you used to set the phone up with. To make sure, on the phone go to Settings -> Accounts and sync -> tap the Gmail account you're using -> and make sure Contacts is checked (and also make sure anything else you want to sync with your phone is checked). Next tap "Sync now" at the bottom left of the screen to manually sync the information. In order for the contacts (and everything else you've selected) to sync automatically in the future, you'll have to have syncing turned on for the device (this can be done at the top of the Accounts and sync page in the settings or via the last toggle called "Sync" that's contained in the pull down notification area). Leaving sync enabled all the time will cause your battery to drain faster, but it's worth it if you want the features that automatic syncing provides.
Search tags for this page
how to get contacts from gmail to samsung galaxy s3
how to sync s3 contacts to gmail

how to transfer contacts from android to galaxy s3

how to transfer contacts from galaxy s3 to note 2

how to transfer contacts from htc evo to samsung galaxy s3

how to transfer contacts from htc incredible to computer

how to transfer contacts from samsung galaxy s3 to computer

how to transfer contacts from samsung galaxy s3 to gmail
how to transfer contacts from samsung galaxy s3 to pc
sync contacts from galaxy s3 to gmail
transfer contacts from droid to galaxy