Can't connect S3 to PC with usb???

biggles

Reaction score
When I plugged my Samsung Galaxy S3 into the PC with micro usb cable, got a message saying it failed installing device driver software for Samsung mobile MTP device. I want to transfer some music onto the new phone from computer. How do I do this? Tried on two different Windows 7 computers, both clean and fully updated, failed both times.

DjTecniq

Reaction score
When I plugged my Samsung Galaxy S3 into the PC with micro usb cable, got a message saying it failed installing device driver software for Samsung mobile MTP device. I want to transfer some music onto the new phone from computer. How do I do this? Tried on two different Windows 7 computers, both clean and fully updated, failed both times.
This is what Macs are good for. Windows there's always a driver issue.

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Yes, I tried the official Samsung drivers and this didn't work. Is there another way to transfer music files from PC to phone? Bluetooth or wireless or something?

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
I do not understand, shouldn't this just work? Shouldn't you be able to plug in the phone with usb and it acts like a flash memory stick? I have tried installing and uninstalling numerous times both the samsung driver and the entire kies software package and it fails every time. Why is such a simple thing so hard to accomplish with this phone? Should I be calling Verizon or Samsung tech support next?

kaylesworth

Reaction score
If you have tried different ports and different cables, then I would say call Verizon. It should just work. I have absolutely no problems connecting and transferring files back and forth between my phone and my pc

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with tech support at both Verizon and Samsung. Samsung admits they have no solution to this widespread problem but they are working on it. They have known about the problem for a week. I am expecting a driver update at some point.

desertknit

Reaction score
Try "Airdroid". In the google market (I refuse to say Play Store, I am older than 5). It uses wifi to connect to your pc.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Try "Airdroid". In the google market (I refuse to say Play Store, I am older than 5). It uses wifi to connect to your pc.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

There are times that, in my line of work, I need to transfer files and do not have access to wifi.

rap31264

Reaction score
plugged mine in...took a good 5 minutes with the bubble saying "found new hardware" then it said to restart the computer...did that and reconnected and it asked to do it again...went through the same thing again...restarted and it worked but it didn't show up as a drive letter on mine but some text...can't remember what it called itself but worked like a charm then...

DSN

Reaction score
biggles, did you got any further with yours since july?

//have the same problem and tried everything as well..new drivers from samsung, developer options, tethering...//

troutbeck27

Reaction score
I had the same problem.

Google search and try installing these to files and see if it works.

Verizon_Wireless_I535_GSIII_Samsung_USB_Driver_v1_4_6_0

Kies_2.3.2.12064_10_1