Transferring Music to my memory card

katndog

Reaction score
I am trying to get music to my phone.. well to the media card. I put on on the card.. which file: Media? Albums? What is the difference..

Also.. when I am in MUSIC on the X, it does not show the song on the list to play.. I have to go to 'FILES' to find the song to play it, but it plays in the MUSIC app.

HOW odd. Some directions/instructions would be fabulous! :)

I am coming to you as a previous BB Storm, and a newly DROID X owner! I am super excited. HUGE difference. Seriously!
Thanks in advance.
Katrina

SpacemanSpiff0x0

Reaction score
I was wondering this myself, and then I plugged it into my laptop. Presto! The Droid asked me if I wanted to connect to sync as a Windows Media device, I push yes. Then Windows Media Player opens and everything syncs perfectly.

I've never had a new device work this easily.

Windows 7
Windows Media Player 12

I believe it will be the same with Vista and Media Player 11, but I cannot be sure. After my experience, I'm wondering why anyone with a Windows machine would mess around with that doubleTwist software.

Hope that helps.

hsd31

Reaction score
The easiest way to get you music into the X is to download and install doubleTwist, if you already have your library setup in Windows Media Player or iTunes, it will automatically import the library. Or alternatively you can specify the folders/files to import into your library. You can setup doubleTwist to autosync with your X or you can manually drag-drop media files as needed.

If you want to go the tough route, create a folder called "Music" in your SD card and put your music in there. The default music app will be able to pick up the files under the "Music" directory. To be more organized, you can create subfolders under "Music" for the Artists and then subfolders under the Artist names for the Albums and so on.... but doubleTwist is the way to go.

OP
K

katndog

Reaction score
It auto synced all my songs.. WAY TOO much memory taken

AND to top it off.. it synced all my pictures too, and I didn't want that! That is crazy!

I didn't like that, now I need to 'cleanup' my phone.! grrr.

Johnhimm

Reaction score
You can choose what and what not to sync. The easiest way for music is to make a Droid Playlist in DoubleTwist and copy the albums to that playlist. Then configure DoubleTwist just to sync that playlist.

You can do the same with photos if you want.

WhipSmart

Reaction score
Why does DoubleTwist require you to sign up for their service? I was looking for something that would help me nicely sync w/my X, not something that may go through my files and send that info to someone else. No thanks.

Droiduga

Reaction score
I created a directory on my computer for DroidMedia and I put music pics and video in that folder that I want on my phone. Then I set the sync for that folder only. I have a 160GB ipod and over 46,000 songs. Itunes would never fit on my phone even with the optional 32GB card which I got btw.