Transferring files (photos, music, etc.)

JSquare

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy Nexus in which the screen is broken...not the display screen but the digitizer underneath. Is there any way for me to retrieve the files without being able to view the screen. The phone is not rooted. I tried connecting it to my computer but i can seem to open the internal storage. HELP ME PLEASE!!! Sincerely, Desperate.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
What happens when you plug the phone into your PC? You may need to install the drivers for the device manually.

OP
J

JSquare

Reaction score
What happens when you plug the phone into your PC? You may need to install the drivers for the device manually.

It notices the phone but wont allow me to open. It automatically installs drivers as well

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you computer recognizes the phone... and you have adb setup... just connect in adb... and type

adb pull /mnt/sdcard/

it'll pull all the files from that partition and place them where ever your running adb from

OP
J

JSquare

Reaction score
if you computer recognizes the phone... and you have adb setup... just connect in adb... and type

adb pull /mnt/sdcard/

it'll pull all the files from that partition and place them where ever your running adb from

Adb?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

adb is part of the android sdk, allowing you to use the command prompt on your PC to do tons of stuff. This shouldn't be necessary in your case. Getting adb to work, probably means that your phone should show up on your PC normally anyhow.

When you say it shows up as a drive on your PC, what do you mean by that. In My Computer, it doesn't pop up under Portable Devices?

OP
J

JSquare

Reaction score
Yea....it shows up in My Computer as a portable device...it just won't allow me to open and view files. #puzzled