help transfer music from nexus to computer

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Can any one help me transfer music from my nexus to my computer I have a older computer and my phone doesn't recognize its plugged in so Im wondering if there is a work around or any apps I can upload my music to cause I'm getting a htc one tommorow & I need to transfer my music

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You can try AirDroid.

What OS are you running on your PC? If it's anything older than Windows XP I guess there would be a problem but I think a Nexus should be able to be read on XP.

reybie

Reaction score
I second Airdroid, really simple after you get it setup.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
You can try AirDroid.

What OS are you running on your PC? If it's anything older than Windows XP I guess there would be a problem but I think a Nexus should be able to be read on XP.

I'm using windows xp but it doesn't recognize my phone

andersonks

Reaction score
You can connect the galaxy nexus to computer and then then just copy the music to computer.

Sal R.

Reaction score
If connecting your phone to computer won't work, use Dropbox to sync files from phone to PC via cloud.

Or you can use apps like Samba Filesharing to access your phone as a network drive from your PC.

canacewalker

Reaction score
Music and any other kind of purchased media bought from Google cannot be transferred to an SD card or off of the device. You can download music straight to your device's memory, or have it stored on their cloud so you can access it anytime, as long as you have an internet connection.

A way to get songs to your computer, would be to log into Google Play from your PC, and then download them to the computer. Or you can try Android Manager to transfer music between Nexus and Computer.