Transferring Data from one Droid X to another

iFlossyy

Reaction score
so long story short, i thought my droid x was stolen last night. i was in a shady part of town, i left it in the car, i got back, and it was gone. i got home and immediately contacted vzw and got everything taken care of and made a claim on my insurance for a new one. The only thing i was worried about was the fact that there was ALOT of irreplacable information.

little did i know, a buddy i took home last night decided to play a trick on me, the phone was in the center console, and it was dead. he thought itd be hilarious to move it to the glove box and see if i noticed, but of course i was aware it was dead and didnt even reach for it until i made sure it was still in the car, after i dropped him off, and as far as i knew it was GONE,

he informed me today via facebook that the phone was in the glove box, and to much relief it was because i thought a thief had alot of private info in their hands until i called vzw.

basically, i found my phone after i had called and made a claim for a new one (they already sent it)

is there any way id be able to transfer the data on my original droid x to the other one? or should i not even bother.

also, what is the best app i could install and access from a computer and lock it/ track it in the case that the phone is indeed stolen? because i had a couple of apps on there but OF COURSE on the websites it said the number and email wasnt registered.

thanks for the help!

jellybean420

Reaction score
so long story short, i thought my droid x was stolen last night. i was in a shady part of town, i left it in the car, i got back, and it was gone. i got home and immediately contacted vzw and got everything taken care of and made a claim on my insurance for a new one. The only thing i was worried about was the fact that there was ALOT of irreplacable information.

little did i know, a buddy i took home last night decided to play a trick on me, the phone was in the center console, and it was dead. he thought itd be hilarious to move it to the glove box and see if i noticed, but of course i was aware it was dead and didnt even reach for it until i made sure it was still in the car, after i dropped him off, and as far as i knew it was GONE,

he informed me today via facebook that the phone was in the glove box, and to much relief it was because i thought a thief had alot of private info in their hands until i called vzw.

basically, i found my phone after i had called and made a claim for a new one (they already sent it)

is there any way id be able to transfer the data on my original droid x to the other one? or should i not even bother.

also, what is the best app i could install and access from a computer and lock it/ track it in the case that the phone is indeed stolen? because i had a couple of apps on there but OF COURSE on the websites it said the number and email wasnt registered.

thanks for the help!

First off i would contact asurion and tell them that you found your old one and ask for a refund. Thats 90$ back in your pocket. Second Lookout Mobile can remotely lock down and wipe your phone over the internet. Its a premium feature that you pay for but if you have important info its worth having. I belive its like 20 or 30 something for a whole year subscription.

On a side note you could aways just assign a password to your phone. The only way into from there i believe would be to sbf the phone. But in turn that erases everything on the phone so they would still be screwed.

Hope that helps!

OP
I

iFlossyy

Reaction score
thanks for the help, and i had lookout (free version) but i couldnt log into the account via pc, would i just have to get the free version?

jellybean420

Reaction score
thanks for the help, and i had lookout (free version) but i couldnt log into the account via pc, would i just have to get the free version?

If you want the remote wipe feature you need he paid version. Otherwise just get the free version.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App