Transferring apps to new phone

wardo

Reaction score
Yes yes I've searched. I'm on a train right now and service keeps going in and out and I can't fund what I'm looking for.

Wife got the din2 upgraded from the dic.

Is there a way to move all her apps to the new phone?

Thanks

leftspin

Reaction score
move the apps to the SD card, put the SD card in the new phone, move the apps to the new phone

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Crap I forgot to say I tried that but when I open the application tab on the new phone with the old memory card it says nothing is saved

SANhacker

Reaction score
Just go to market.android.com

Click on "My Library" and this will show all of her apps. Click on each one, then click on install and you will be ensured you have the latest version.

Good luck.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
All paid apps are saved in your profile in the market. Free apps sometimes do and don't load automatically, its kind of a crap shoot. If you Google "Android market" on a computer, she can log into the market with her Gmail info then click on which apps she wants to have back. Click on install and it will send them to her phone. Every app she has ever downloaded will be there.

This post is Incredible 2!

tommyg562000

Reaction score
move the apps to the SD card, put the SD card in the new phone, move the apps to the new phone

That will never work as there are still necessary files stored on the phone.

Use mybackup pro to back up your programs and associated data. Don't try to use the free version because it won't work when moving to a new phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Really appreciate the help everyone. I will be giving these options a try in a few hours and will report the outcome.

pjniez

Reaction score
That will never work as there are still necessary files stored on the phone.

Use mybackup pro to back up your programs and associated data. Don't try to use the free version because it won't work when moving to a new phone.

My understanding is that My Backup Pro will only backup the data for some apps - very small number that I had installed. Unless you are rooted, the only way of backing up data in 3rd party apps is if they have there own backup built in. Coincidentally, these are the only apps that I have installed that My Backup Pro will backup data for.
Not having a way to back up data in ALL apps is my biggest complaint with Android! Since Android doesn't let you backup the data, it should be mandatory that app developers provide a way to backup data.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

tommyg562000

Reaction score
My understanding is that My Backup Pro will only backup the data for some apps - very small number that I had installed. Unless you are rooted, the only way of backing up data in 3rd party apps is if they have there own backup built in. Coincidentally, these are the only apps that I have installed that My Backup Pro will backup data for.
Not having a way to back up data in ALL apps is my biggest complaint with Android! Since Android doesn't let you backup the data, it should be mandatory that app developers provide a way to backup data.

Hmmm. I've never had a problem with it not backing up all my apps data.

dewey630

Reaction score
i am having a similiar problem moving for damaged phone to new phone.....i looked up my account (following SANhacker's advice) on my laptop, and yes they are all there. And they each say they are installed. But i looked on the phone, and they are not there. What to do next? thanks.

mikeyman67

Reaction score
i am having a similiar problem moving for damaged phone to new phone.....i looked up my account (following SANhacker's advice) on my laptop, and yes they are all there. And they each say they are installed. But i looked on the phone, and they are not there. What to do next? thanks.

Click on the install button again and choose the device on your account you wish to install it to. It will go.

Sent from my Rezound using tapatalk.

ajrenee

Reaction score
The techs at Verizon say that the free apps are not saved. If you get a new phone, you have to re-download your apps. I spent last night doing just this.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The techs at Verizon say that the free apps are not saved. If you get a new phone, you have to re-download your apps. I spent last night doing just this.

To make it a bit easier, if you log into your gmail account on your PC, it will list all of your apps, including the free ones. Then you can download the ones that you still want onto the new phone. It makes it easier than searching for all the apps. Perhaps you already knew this, but I thought I would mention it.