Brand new Pro

jtlucas

Reaction score
I just got my wife a new Pro today and I'm having trouble syncing her Facebook contacts to her phone. When I got my X, it did it automatically. Also, I checked for the GB update and it said the phone was already up to date. Is there also a way to transfer all of her phone contacts without having backup assistant?

Thanks

StingRay

Reaction score
jt

where are her contacts currently? on Google? Exchange?

As far as Facebook contacts...I think there are different ways of doing it...You can go into Apps>My Accounts and add Facebook ...I believe as you add FB it will ask you if you want to sync all FB contacts at that point...

OP
J

jtlucas

Reaction score
well, right now the contacts are on her old phone. I may just have to take it to a store and have them transfer the contacts for me.

jt

where are her contacts currently? on Google? Exchange?

As far as Facebook contacts...I think there are different ways of doing it...You can go into Apps>My Accounts and add Facebook ...I believe as you add FB it will ask you if you want to sync all FB contacts at that point...

StingRay

Reaction score
Yeah I think if her contacts are not already on a Google account, it's either use backup assistant or go to a store....

danieljw

Reaction score
Why everybody doesn't simply store all of their contacts on a Google account blows my mind. I mean, you simply sign in, and *poof* there are all of your contacts. That said, it bugs me that, on the Pro, when you add a contact it automatically adds both a phone and Google contact and links them. I have to go in to the contacts, unlink them, then delete the phone contact... a pain.

Just sayin'. Sorry to threadjack.

Last edited:
OP
J

jtlucas

Reaction score
We didn't have that option before getting the new phone. She went onto google maps and entered some starred places but they haven't synced to her phone yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
Yep...definitely a no-brainer on the Google account now, but before Droid and now Droid Pro, we were slaves to having to rely on the Verizon store to transfer our contacts...

It is so cool to be able to sign into my Pro, Transformer tablet, whatever and have everything restored everytime...