Transfering apps from one SD Card to another

Dyved

Reaction score
I just bought the Bionic and upgrading from the Oirginal Droid. How do I transfer all my apps and data from the SD card to the new card in the Bionic? Do I need to download every single app? Example Using Android Time Card and need the data attached to it. If I just download the app again, I won't have the data. Please help? Thank you very much.

Olive22

Reaction score
I just bought the Bionic and upgrading from the Oirginal Droid. How do I transfer all my apps and data from the SD card to the new card in the Bionic? Do I need to download every single app? Example Using Android Time Card and need the data attached to it. If I just download the app again, I won't have the data. Please help? Thank you very much.

Has anyone responded to this yet? I am in the same boat. Just bought the bionic after much reading on this forum RE: Bionic vs Razor. But just realized I have purchase apps that I want. Any way to transfer.
Can you do "bumps" like you use to be able to do with the older HP calculators. I too went from the original droid to the Bionic. Help Please!:biggrin:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You can use a root app like MyBackUp Pro to back up your apps and their associated data. Then transfer the backup file to your pc and then back to your new phones sd card. There is also an option to upload to their servers but I have never tried that route.

Tap'd from my Bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just bought the bionic after much reading on this forum RE: Bionic vs Razor. But just realized I have purchase apps that I want. Any way to transfer. I too went from the original droid to the Bionic. Help Please!:biggrin:

If you bought an app, when you go to the App Market on your phone; looking at "My Apps" you should see a list of "Uninstalled Apps." Touch any of those to install in your new phone. Once you bought it, it's yours.

To the OP, you can also just pull the sd card out of the OG Droid and put it in the Bionic. Be sure to unmount the card before removing. What I did was move the stuff on the card to my PC and move them to the new card.

Although I don't have Time Card, I do have aCar which had a years worth of data that I wanted to keep. It had an export option for data; maybe Time Card does too.

Last edited:

Olive22

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I did finally figure that as I downloaded apps I had previously or had paid for that I did NOT have to pay again and it picked up right where I left off. As for data, I will try the sd card. Thank you!

RobbieBlaze

Reaction score
im using the pc method right now just formatted new sd card with ext 2,3,4 partitions, but minitool didint give me the option to add swap anyone have insight? OG droid