Touchwiz or Launcher

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, Johnny and I are presently talking about Nova, a custom launcher, not Touch Wiz. :)

And one of the reasons why I enjoy Nova so much is because of exactly what you said. It doesn't marry you to a brand of phone manufacturer. Nova can be installed on any Android device and function exactly the same way. As someone who tries a wide range of devices from a wide range of manufacturers, it's nice to know that if I don't particularly care for the launcher of a particular device, I can replace it with something I know I like. I always try the stock software to see what has changed, and sometimes I stick with it. But I can always go back to Nova and restore my personalized setup from a backup and hit the ground running.

There are certainly aspects of Touch Wiz that I like quite a bit. Multi-window and the S-Pen are two of the biggest. One of the great things about a custom launcher is that you can still use pretty much all of the best features of an OEM's skin, but yet still be able to make it your own.

Touch Wiz has dramatically changed for the better since the S4. It no longer has page after page of useless features. They've refined it and tones things down. Personally, I'm still not a big fan of it's overall look (which is a big reason why I use Nova :) ), but Samsung has really honed their skills on a lot of useful features. This is particularly true with the Note series. One of the recurring big complaints many reviews of the Nexus 6 have is the lack of software that takes advantage of its large screen. Four versions in, Samsung has nailed the large screen software.

I'll pick up a Nexus 6 eventually to take it for a spin for a few months (as I will do with several other phones), but I'm not giving up my Note 4. :)
Turbo users might find Rocket Dial to their liking. A dialer made specifically for 5+" screens.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4