Touchwiz or Launcher

claire Diss

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 4
Twitter
Clairelouise104
I have just recently got my note 4. I was wondering what people thought of touchwiz? And if you use a launcher which one do you think is best.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum!

I use the stock touch wiz launcher, but I was using Next launcher for a while. Nova is another good one.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I always go to these launchers, but I have a basic setup I've used for my Homescreens since around the time of the original Motorola droid, so I eventually realize I don't need all the extra bells & whistles & uninstall them.

The stock experience has come a long way & touchwiz even let's you pick from a few different screen transitions now.

OP
claire Diss

claire Diss

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 4
Twitter
Clairelouise104
I always go to these launchers, but I have a basic setup I've used for my Homescreens since around the time of the original Motorola droid, so I eventually realize I don't need all the extra bells & whistles & uninstall them.

The stock experience has come a long way & touchwiz even let's you pick from a few different screen transitions now.

I am still finding my way around the phone, not had a Samsung for years, since the D500. My daughter had the S3. My friend has note 3 so I upgraded to a Note 4 and so glad I did. I love it, my lil boy loves it especially the 's pen

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Nova launcher FTW... Every phone... Every OS

Tap'd by Big 6

Agreed 100%. Nova is the first app I install on every phone.

I have a basic setup too, but there are so many great, simple things that be can be done with Nova (and other launchers). Once you get used to them, it's tough to give them up. For instance, if I swipe down from anywhere on the screen, it pulls down the notification bar. People might say "It's not tough to reach up to the actual notification bar," but once you have a gesture like that, you'll understand why it's so useful (especially on a device with a large screen). I can also swipe up from anywhere on the screen to launch Google Now. The gestures are all customization, and they work consistently. Custom icons are also a great way to set your device a part a bit, and I love being able to customize the app drawer (vertical scrolling, folders, etc).

Launchers really add a lot of useful features, whether you want something basic or something full of bells and whistles. They can also really spice up or tone down the look of a phone to make it suit what you like.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum claireDiss!
I actually like the latest TouchWiz on my S5, but I'm a big fan of Apex.(Pro version) The features this (and most of your more popular launchers) are far superior to any stock launcher, regardless of manufacturer.
Good luck!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I use Nova Launcher because it's what I've used on every phone, no matter what model or manufacturer, since it came out. Nothing against TW, I just prefer what I'm used to.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

marthinollys

Reaction score
TouchWiz is not just the launcher but all the elements Samsung adds to what would otherwise be the stock android look and functionality. Some features I like more than others. For instance I love the live weather lockscreen wallpaper that uses photos from around the area. On the other hand I dislike the look of the stock Samsung icons. Like others here I'm using Nova launcher.
As a whole I think TW has come a long way and is unfairly maligned, mostly by those who haven't owned a Galaxy in some time, or not at all.

Note 4

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I like TW. I use Next as well as I like the various options Next has to offer.

OP
claire Diss

claire Diss

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 4
Twitter
Clairelouise104
I had a LG G3 before my note 4, didn't like stuff on so I used nova launcher with chomp sms, and I did it like it. Do you all use stock apps as well or use other messaging apps etc for some. Sorry for sounding dumb I am just generally interested in what other people think and use.

Thanks for making me welcome and answering my questions :):)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I use Chomp.. It just does a better job then most stock Apps.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I had a LG G3 before my note 4, didn't like stuff on so I used nova launcher with chomp sms, and I did it like it. Do you all use stock apps as well or use other messaging apps etc for some. Sorry for sounding dumb I am just generally interested in what other people think and use.

For years I've stuck with the stock SMS apps on my phones simply because most third-party SMS apps have had trouble sending/receiving MMS on Verizon over the years. But recently I've been trying out Messenger by Google, and it's been fantastic. I haven't had any problems with MMS. The app is simple, straightforward, and the Material Design makes it look a heck of a lot better than the stock Touch Whiz MMS app.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The only thing I use native for on my phone is the s health stuff and s pen stuff.
Again, with different models over the last 6 years I've wanted to keep as much as possible as similar as possible.
Handcent messaging app, Power Amp music player, QuikPic photo gallery are just a few that I've kept as long as I've had them .

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4