touchscreen issue

hockeyfreakb4

Reaction score
sometimes when things are in a list like the messages app or in the settings menu, lets say i touch manage applications and it selects running services or it selects quick launch (those are the too things below and above what im trying to hit). did i cause this by rooting the device, did i mess it up? does anyone know how to fix this? does anyone have the same problem?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
could be something as simple as grease/oil on the screen....

droiddict

Reaction score
Could also be parallax. Small screen, big fingers? It's easy to miss by a little and hit the wrong one, especially if you aren't looking at the screen straight on. I do that on the ATMS and they have really big buttons.

MikeZ

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what about these generic charges makes the phones go all wacky. I had to get my replaced. It eventually disabled my whole screen. it started with the bottom three dots on the lock screen. went on to middle row of the keyboard. whatever key i would hit it would register the top and bottom and leave that one out. could not hangup a phone call, or activate the keypad when in call mode. my screens are not very congested but certain buttons would not register me touching them.

Reading all these stories about chargers and people's phones going wacky. Mine did too. generic charger made my droid get all whacky while charging. And i believe caused it to get unresponsive. Verizon tech's and motorolla tech's couldn't do anything about it and they replaced my phone. Free of charge somehow.

Had the new phone for a week now. Only the droid charger from now on. Seems to be working perfectly.

that's just my two cents.

Mike

OP
H

hockeyfreakb4

Reaction score
ive had mine for a day before it started messing up, and i only used the official dock and charger

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ive had mine for a day before it started messing up, and i only used the official dock and charger
Might just need to bring it in to VZW and get an exchange. It may be out of the realm of being fixed by a setting or trick

OP
H

hockeyfreakb4

Reaction score
i showed it to them and they were like what?? so they exchanged it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to hear. Figured they would exchange it no problem. It wasn't supposed to do that :icon_eek: