Touchdown for Exchange

lzicc

Reaction score
I am running the registered version of Touchdown for Exchange on a Droid 2. It's been working well for the past few months, except for today, I noticed that it is not showing any emails in my inbox or other folders anymore. I am getting appointment alerts, but that is it. I checked my folders that are selected to sync and they are correct. I added a folder to sync to see if that would jar the application, but nothing. I haven't changed anything that I can think of. I rebooted the phone, still nothing. Anything I should be looking for here? TIA.

OP
L

lzicc

Reaction score
Great, right after posting this, the emails are showing up. I don't get it. The only thing I did was add a folder to the sync list. It didn't work right away, but apparently that is what fixed it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad we could help. :D

But why do you use touchdown when you can sync Gmail to Outlook?

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Touchdown is a much better exchange client than anything stock on the Droid, but I've seen these issues as well. I am wondering if it is the same issue which causes the stock email account to lose sync to exchange as well - even though it happens far less frequently with Touchdown. I typically wipe the touchdown DB once every two weeks, this seems to minimize the issue.

Exchange sync has been the worst part of Android, Touchdown is very close to being the solution.

Just an FYI - Moxier Mail has a demo available from the market - it looks very nice as well.

Hookbill,

How does gmail sync to exchange?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great, right after posting this, the emails are showing up. I don't get it. The only thing I did was add a folder to the sync list. It didn't work right away, but apparently that is what fixed it.
Sounds similar to the couple of times my Touchdown DB has been corrupted. I don't recall getting calendar notifications though.

But why do you use touchdown when you can sync Gmail to Outlook?
How does adding gmail as an intermediate step help when the Exchange account can be synced directly?

Also, again, Outlook != Exchange. Outlook is the client. Exchange is the server. Requiring desktop sync is generally a step down.

Last edited: