Totally stumped on ringtones, music & pictures

SunsNut

Reaction score
I have only had LG phones for the past few years and went from the Ally to the Droid 4. Getting ringtones etc. was a piece of cake on the Ally but after spending all of yesterday getting this phone set up I still don't have my music, ringtones or pictures on this phone. Using Motocast (I think) my pictures show up IF my computer is on but that doesn't do me any good if I'm away from home and want to show off my new grandson. Would someone be so kind as to tell me where on the SD card to copy all these things to? I would sure appreciate it. I have gotten so used to everyone on my contact list having their own ringtone. Other than this issue I am very pleased with the phone, especially the keyboard compared to past keyboards I've used. Thanks! Vickie

reybie

Reaction score
Just create a folder on the SD card for each. The phone should pic it up and make it available in your apps.

Reaction score
i took my SD card that I have been using in both my old phones (OG and DX).. plug your phone into your computer with the USB cord and set up the folder structure as such:

Note: My SD Card shows up as the G drive on my laptop

Ringtones:
G:\Ringtones

Notifications: (for text, email, alarms, ect)
G:\Notifications

Music:
G:\MP3s

Pictures:
G:\DCIM

Hope this helps!

In short, make a folder (in your SD root) called what you want to be inside of it.

OP
SunsNut

SunsNut

Reaction score
Thank You!

Thank you so much. That is how I had it set up on my Ally (for the most part) and that is the way I backed up the SD card before I removed it from the Ally to insert in to the Droid 4. I'm in the process of copying everything over and hopefully it will work. Thank you again. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Vickie

Update: IT WORKED!!! Thank you again. I have all my music, ringtones and pictures. Only the 2nd day using the phone but am so pleased with it.

Last edited: