Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Themes bootloop phones sometimes. UD seems to be the worst offender in that regard.

Okay, try a different card, get into recovery, do a hardware reset, then reinstall the ROM. Assuming the new card mounts, that is.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
I don't exactly know what that means lol but I don't think I like it haha!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Which part? :)

The first part? I hear more complaints about UD bootlooping during a theme install than any other ROM I've dealt with, and the last few builds seem to be surprisingly buggy for "stable" releases.

The second part? Try a different card and boot into recovery. If it mounts then connect the phone to your computer, mount USB storage or whatever the setting is to get it so you can see the files on the SD card on the computer, copy over the ROM file, do a hard reset, then reinstall the ROM. :)

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
I will have to try that! Looks like I better head over to Amazon lol And the part I didn't get was what the heck bootloop was haha

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ah. Bootloop -- any cyclic booting of the device that does not terminate with a successful boot.

Example 1: Droid 1 going from the batwing/Motorola M to the Droid eye/custom boot animation and then immediately flashing back to the M.

Example 2: Droid 1 showing the M and then instead of flashing the boot animation immediately flashing back to the M.

There are others, but these two comprise 99%+ of all bootloops.

billjohnson

Reaction score
I will have to try that! Looks like I better head over to Amazon lol And the part I didn't get was what the heck bootloop was haha

Haha I'm running UD 2.5 now and I've been flashing each version over the top of the previous one since 2.3. Anyway you might try flashing that one deary. dancedroid Don't give up on the Droid though ;) Worst case it's got some hardware issues and you can send it back. Is your warranty still good?

EDIT: I didn't read your last post. Is everything good now? :D

Last edited:

billjohnson

Reaction score
Haha yeah at first I was a little apprehensive to try UD but it's a pretty solid ROM at least from my experience. After the holidays I'm looking for a new one to try though. One with a perfect Gingerbread theme. I'm honestly digging the Nexus S and every screenshot I've seen of Gingerbread is tight. And that's coming from a hardcore minimalist kind of guy.