1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Total newbie here...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by slurpee0622, Sep 2, 2010.

1. slurpee0622

slurpee0622 New Member

Hello everyone!!!!

I am the proud owner of a Verizon (motorola) droid. I have owned this phone for about a year and I love it. I think my model # is A855? Anyway, I do know that I am running android 2.2 but thats about all I know.

The other day a friend of mine was bragging about how super fast his phone is. He also has a droid of some sort. He was talking about ROMs? and tweaking his phone to get the most out of it. Well, I decided I would become a member of this forum and see what I could learn on my own. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could sort of take me under their wing and tell me what I should do first.

I'm serious when I say that I have no idea where to start.
  2. crspang

crspang New Member

3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Welcome!

Link 1 in my sig to learn (please read). Then link 3 to root.

Enjoy, and everyone here will be happy to help if you get stuck:)
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! Glad you joined us. I support the previous post. If you plan to root prepare by reading, reading, and reading some more. Make notes and f you have questions post and the community will reply. Finally, if you decide to root the community will be here to assist you with every step.

Mike