Too many bogus text messages

kylo77

Reaction score
For some time now I've been receiving text messages from unknown senders...like wrong numbers. There are a few things that make me believe that it's not just a wrong number...when the message comes in it's duplicated..as in the same message comes in twice. Secondly they always comes from vtext.com.

I spoke to the tech support people and he did not offer much except that people are just entering the wrong number...personally I think it happens with way too much frequency to be a wrong number. Anyway I went to the VZW website and blocked all text from the web...

anyone have any experience with this or any comments???

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No experience on this end. If you use Handcent SMS, you can backlist senders, so you'll never see their texts.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had this stupid lady misunderstand a Verizon rep who signed her up, and gave MY number out to all her stupid little friends.

It took months of annoying wrong number calls, wrong text messages, and even her telling ME that I was using her cell number before it worked out.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
There are apps like text answering machine and call filter in market that can help with this.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I had this stupid lady misunderstand a Verizon rep who signed her up, and gave MY number out to all her stupid little friends.

It took months of annoying wrong number calls, wrong text messages, and even her telling ME that I was using her cell number before it worked out.

Back when I had sprint, new customer, they sent me mu motorola slvr and another I ordered. Both phones already had voice mail greetings from someone else, and I kept getting a call from a lady asking what I did to her daughter, being I guess I had her old phone #... I was like jeese lady I dont even know your daughter.. then asked the mom if she was hot.. thats when she hung up and stopped calling.. :D

jgumphress

Reaction score
I use aFirewall and when a number or text comes in that I don't want to get again I just put it on the black list in aFirewall and I never see it again.