to root or not to root?

liam.

Reaction score
I am on the fence right now if I should root my phone. I was considering doing it cause I really want froyo, but I cant wait for the update. Any idea on when its coming down? I was at the verizon store yesterday and the guy had no idea as to when we were getting the update.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rumor says 13th.

OP
L

liam.

Reaction score
yea but will it be like the last update? I got mine a week after my buddies got it

Hiroshika

Reaction score
You can always get the official froyo update, even if you root. so go for it. bugless beast is probably the most stable rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
L

liam.

Reaction score
What will happen if I root the phone and then the update comes out? Will it automatically update?

Hiroshika

Reaction score
What will happen if I root the phone and then the update comes out? Will it automatically update?

Most custom roms disabled the OTA updates. That being said, you could just an extra day or so for the roms that will be based off the new official froyo, or you can just download and manually flash the official ota over your rooted rom. However, Bugless really is just that, bugless. I havent encountered any bugs yet and its probably better than the official froyo will be.