1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Don't Want To Wait

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Scott26, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

New here,

I am up for an upgrade with Verizon and "need" to get a new phone I am on the fence right now with the Droid 2 (Faster Processor... Physical Keypad) or the Droid X (Nice Features...HDMI... Bigger Screen)... now that CES is over though and the Bionic release happening sometime in the second quater I don't know if I should wait.

Ideas? Comments?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Ideas - wait, comments - wait, as far as your X - D2 decision battle they are basically the same device internally, unless you are reffering to the D2G - that's the device with the faster processor at 1.2 Ghz but nothing beats Dual Core

Sent from my Droid Classic with Bionic Fever -
  3. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

I came from an EnV2. I feel your frustration... lol. Have you tried buying another phone outright on either Ebay or Craigslist. Gets you something newer to play around with, without taking away your upgrade. Summertime will be here before you know it.
  4. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

I think I am going to get the Driod X with the massive following it has I feel it should stand the test of time and stick around for the next 2 years hopefully... and with the promotion of $140 for my family unlimited plan for 2 lines I think it is a good choice.
  5. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Are you going to see if you can sign a one year agreement? The X is a great phone. I think you'll really like it!
  6. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

I am going to buy the phone from best buy (no mail in rebate and no restocking fee if needed to be returned) this will be a 2 yr extension... after I get it I will upgrade my phone plan to the $140 for unlimited text-data-mobilbe2mobile now should I pay extra for some sort of extended warrenty?
  7. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

I don't know anything about the extended warranty, try searching the forum, I'm sure you'll be able to find some threads about it.
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I passed on the extended warranty. You might want to consider insurance.
  9. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

Well I went by the verizon store after work and played with the X for about 40 min and the D2G for about 20 min and I am tore again! So many choices!
  10. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

How are you with the virtual keyboard?

(from Beka's DX)
  11. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

I have never had one before I am able to use it pretty easy but it sure is nice being able to feel the keyboard without having to look at what I am typing.
  12. Liderc

Liderc New Member

I'd go with the X for sure, you think you need the physical keyboard, but once you get used to the virtual keyboard you'll be twice as fast with it as apposed to the physical.
  13. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    If you're a tweaker then I'd go for the X. If you're not then the hardware keyboard is nice because of the arrow keys -- makes copy/paste and editing so much easier!

The Droid 2 Global has its advantages but also its quirks, and if you're a tweaker then it's probably not for you.
  14. Janet1025

Janet1025 New Member

I was anti virtual keyboard, came from a bb tour to the droid pro returned the pro and took a chance with the X absolutely love it!!
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  15. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

I am not a tweaker with phones yet but I like to DIY everything from my saltwater reef to my motorcycle I think root a phone will be second nature soon enough.
  16. jbdow

jbdow New Member

I bought the d2g because of the physical keyboard and faster cpu -not much diff
    in the screen size between the g and the x -ymmv....the x is aimed at multimedia
    afficiondos, with the larger screen and the better camera. If you don't buy, and wait;
    you will be repeating this pattern in the future. It's all a matter of what you can live with (or afford). But pretty much everyone is gonna get "outdated" at some point,
    unless you're ready to spend and spend again in three months. right?

r, john
  17. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Ebay a old phone like an enV...People are probably switching to smartphones. you might be able to get one for cheap, then when dual cores come out then buy that. VZ just changed its upgrade policy to 20 months, thus you will be locked into an X for 20months, since dual cores are coming out it means that the X will be old tech by like month 3... Hyst sayin.
  18. Scott26

Scott26 New Member

I ended up getting the Droid X from Costco on Sunday what a great phone... I am sure there will be even better tech. by the time my next upgrade rolls around in the mean time this should get me by very well.

DROID!!!!
  19. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Very cool! Glad you're enjoying it!

(Now the fun begins!)