TMobile plans for $49.99!?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Seriously considering the switch from Verizon ($158 a month with tax for two lines with unlim data) to save quite a bit per month....

pros...cons???

Thanks everyone!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I went to T-Mobile, I'd never be able to text or place a phone call. Worth the difference in price to me? Well, take a guess what that answer is for me.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would go Sprint. Its cheaper than Verizon with better customer service.

random rom'd X

J

JriderG

I would see how the service in your area is first before switching.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would go Sprint. Its cheaper than Verizon with better customer service.

random rom'd X
I was with Sprint for 10 years - I know better. Better customer service than VZW? Based on what observation of yours?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I can not comment on Sprint's customer service, but around here, reception was not that great. I was a bit young at the time so I didn't worry about the bill. However, when I looked in to them about 2 years ago, I asked when they expected to see 4G service here. The rep's answer shocked me. He said they were still waiting on 3G!

Eventually when I got my first contract, my girlfriend and I went to ATT as she didnt want to switch and she got much better reception on ATT then I did with sprint. It was very very rare that I ever got a proper bill. I literally had to call AT LEAST once a month, if not more, almost every single month. Between that and the constant dropped calls we finally paid to get out of our contract it was so bad. While I realize the Internet sales is a different department then wireless, we recently switch from a Residential DSL account to a Businesses DSL Account. I will not rant on and on, but the girl who I placed the order with was an idiot. She claimed no technician needed to come out. She claimed there would be no down time. She claimed there was no installation fees. Not one of those statements were true. My service was interrupted for many hours. A tech did have to come out. We did get charged $300 in installation fees. She had provided me her @att email address in case there were any problems. Well I emailed her multiple times over the course of 3 months trying to get my instillation fees waved. Along the way, I tried calling in and speaking with multiple reps and supervisors. All of which promised me the fees had been removed. Finally we get a final notice before disconnect because we refused to pay until they straightened it out. We go in the local store this time. We double check the bill against the self serve kiosk. It claimed +$300. So finally I spoke to a store supervisor, and she pulls it up in the system and claims that it was only $30 like it should be. She calls a customer service call center and check against there records.Again she came up with $30.

Now you may wonder the point of my story. As I said, this was Internet but my ATT Wireless Customer service experiences were often times similar. Often times I had to call months in a row to resolve one issue. As soon as that was fixed, there was another issue. Sure I always got credit in the end if I over paid, but when this happens 9-10 out of 12 months of the year, credit just is not good enough any more. The real bottom line here is that by switching to T-Mobile, soon you will an ATT customer. While the price is very appealing, ask your self if you want to be an ATT customer because you will not be a T-Mobile customer for to much longer.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I looked up Sprint and for an unlimited plan for 2 lines was more expensive than what I am paying now through VZW. Definitely not an option. Their coverage map says full 4G service....with T-Mobile that is.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
As an update we did switch to T-Mobile and so far so good! I have the LG g2x and its ok...miss my thunderbolt...I could always switch phones and get a HTC sensation I just didn't hear many good things about it ...ah well.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Milton515

Reaction score
As an update we did switch to T-Mobile and so far so good! I have the LG g2x and its ok...miss my thunderbolt...I could always switch phones and get a HTC sensation I just didn't hear many good things about it ...ah well.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

If u don't mind me asking, wat are your pros and cons for the G2X... Cuz I'm seriously thinking about switching from my LG Revolution wit VZW to the G2X or Galaxy S 2 wit T-Mobile

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I love the g2x no complaints....just rooted and rommed it With CM7 and I love it. Super fast very light in my hands. My brother wanted the sII not sure if he got it. Definitely a difference in reception in places we never had a problem but we couldn't pass up paying $20 less a month in cell phone and then we cancelled our home phone since we have unlimited everything and saved another $40 some a month so we couldn't pass it up. We've been happy with it so far. Unlimited talk messaging and data it has a 2gb cap on data but no overages it just slows down your speeds. I'm on my phone all day and hit barely over 1gb a month. But if you go over they don't charge you at all. Really a good choice so far!

Sent from my rooted CM7 rom-ed LG G2X using Tapatalk

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Sorry i forgot My only con compared to my tbolt is the tbolts camera is instant point and shoot this one is a bit slow but otherwise I have no complaints.

Sent from my rooted CM7 rom-ed LG G2X using Tapatalk