Titanium Backup - Does it backup SMS Messages?

BOA

Reaction score
I didn't save my messages and did a data reset and now all my new messages are gone. I had some important once I need. I use Titanium backup pro to backup my data. Does it also backup the SMS messages?

bjorn65

Reaction score
I didn't save my messages and did a data reset and now all my new messages are gone. I had some important once I need. I use Titanium backup pro to backup my data. Does it also backup the SMS messages?

It should.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
I'm reading online that it does so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I do a backup every night so I should have my backups.

Sheffy007

Reaction score
I think its under dialer storage. If you restore the data *only* for that app, im pretty sure it will restore texts. Will test now.

Edit: Confirmed. It is dialer storage. Just be sure not to restore app, only data. And then reboot.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I bricked my bionic for a few hours a week ago while trying some ics alphas and when I flashed the 902 fxz and restored with tibu all of my texts were restored with it. Really it was like I had never done anything to the phone at all once I restored with tibu.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
I don't see a dialer storage in the Restore options. Where exactly is it?

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Go into filters and search for dialer storage. Its a system app. Tap on it and then hit restore, then "Data only."

schellbl

Reaction score
I don't see Dialer Storage in my list either. Even after I filter for it....

Sheffy007

Reaction score
What phone do you have?

Edit: Wow sorry didn't realize we were in the Nexus forum. I'm not sure what its under on your phone. Filter only system apps on go down the list to look for Green-colored things. At the beginning of one, in brackets, should say [SMS/MMS/APN] or something along those lines. That's what you're looking for.

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
Yeah I don't see that either. I'm running the "Batch" right?

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Yeah I don't see that either. I'm running the "Batch" right?

nooo. Steps:

1. Enter TiBu
2. Select "Backup and Restore"
3. Select "Click to edit filters"
4. Filter by type: System
5. Apply
6. "Ordered by ..." You want the dots to be Data Freshness. (It doesn't have to be, just seems easier if you text a lot.)
7. Then look for the green title with [SMS/MMS/APN] and restore that data.

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
OK I see it now but it tells me it's never been backed up! Damn... I thought everything was being backed up. Man this sucks...

Sheffy007

Reaction score
oh wow. that really sucks... i set up a schedule to back up all user apps and system data every couple of days.

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
Yeah I just set it up to backup every day. It just sucks because I had something I needed really badly and now it's gone.

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Yeah I just set it up to backup every day. It just sucks because I had something I needed really badly and now it's gone.

did you have a nandroid backup of your phone when you had it on your phone? you could just restore the backup, back up the system app with the sms, and then go back to your current backup.