tired of the droid.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pandaboy50, Jun 24, 2010.

1. gumby0

gumby0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Twoo. I've had these issues too. Then I tried using the fix permissions option In rom manager. And then like 3 minutes later my droid was running like new. I don't know how, but it did help a lot

2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds to me like you need to spend some time reading around here and trying some things out. There are a multitude of other keyboard apps that may or may not help depending, of course, on your personal preferences.

You might want to look at how you're holding the Droid to see if that has any impact on why others can't hear you. It's fairly well documented in many threads that anything blocking the 2nd mic for noise reduction can have an impact. Look into it.

As for call management, there's info on how to handle calls and I suspect you're just not aware of it.

If you're unhappy with the stock music app then look into the alternatives.

If you're just going to remain stock and complain then no Android device is likely to satisfy you. Android is very extensible but you have to take some initiative to make it yours. This site and others like it are very useful resources but you have to actually take the initiative to read, search and ask questions.

One device does not fit all so if the iPhone seems to be a better fit then by all means go for it.

You don't need to. My Droid ran just fine on 2.0 and 2.1 though it does fly on 2.2. I'm not dismissing your issues. They definitely need to be addressed. I'm just pointing out that Droid can certainly run without lag or frequent FC's even without rooting or overclocking.

Overclocking != overloading. You might want to read up on the manufacture of microprocessors if you want the details but I can certainly understand not having time if you're a medical resident. I have a brother-in-law in med school that I almost never get to see.

For the same reason(s) or have the replacements been for different issues?

Not all issues are due to heavy use or physical damage though.

#26 takeshi, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I didn't notice when you had joined, not that it's important, I did look at your post count. I admit I found for someone to have that many post it was unusual to have these issues. But I still stand by what I say. Did you try a factory data reset like I suggested?

Sounds to me like you got your case all set up for early upgrade. BTW what smartphone did you have before?

4. KSR

KSR Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Eh, stop complaining so much, dude. The Droid is customized to your liking so maybe try to learn how the phone is. And me, I've seen the iPhone, I've had two Blackberry phones already, and so far; my Motorola Droid is the best phone hands down. No contest. =)

The phone is confusing abit when you first get it, I know that, but its a great phone. Try getting used to it before you put it all down. >.<

5. Twoo

Twoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not looking to upgrade for a while- I'm waiting (if it ever comes) for the Iphone4 or the DroidPro (pending official specs/design) and then I'll upgrade. My contract expires in November. The Droid X is a nice phone but I don't need a phone that large.

Before the Droid I had the Iphone 3g, Blackberry Pearl and Blackberry Curve.

6. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After reading through the post again all I can say is read my sig :)

7. NoKz

NoKz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The "I'm going to iPhone" posts have increased greatly these past couple days. And all from people with super low post counts. Hmm....

8. Diordna

Diordna Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
  9. pbdroid

pbdroid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I get exactly what these 'complainers' are saying. I manage people in a corporate environment and many of them don't/can't think for themselves and will make every excuse not to.

I am relatively tech savvy, so I appreciate a device that allows me to experiment and customize to my heart's content.

I've blown through so many ROMs (back and forth, up and down - Nandroid is the shiznit!) since I got my Droid in February, and I'm running a Froyo ROM now ... I have a few key nandroid backups for failsafe, and even just this week I was having random reboot issues with my latest ROM - until someone found the fix for it. I implemented the fix and my phone runs like a champ. I have the early upgrade option coming to me in November, and I may or may not exercise it. I've got O/C ability, Flash, and almost every option I want (sans FM Transmitter) that I could possible need.

All Hail the Mighty Droid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search tags for this page

tired of droid