Time to switch to Iphone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy

Reaction score
Apparently, the problems I've been having with my Droid are problems only effecting me. I'm so frustrated, so dis-heartend.. The only "advice" I've been givin is to load some kind of "ROOT" app/software.. which might "BRICK" my phone.. (Destroy my phone?) Anyway, before I switch, see my previous post/concern below..

I'm having a heck of a time getting videos to play.. In particular, Utube "high quality" vids (only loads about half the time) and when they do play, they often freeze mid way through. I also just downloaded the new Fox News app (which is getting great reviews) and I can't get those vids to work hardly at all. Sometimes the video play bar catches up too fast to the download bar.. Does that make since? Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? PLEASE HELP!!

Thx
Original Motorola Droid

OP
C

Crispy

Reaction score
SSH - Good suggestion.. I've only been using Verizon's 3g service. You really think if I used my Wi-Fi it would help? I'll try it.. Thx!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get such terrible 3g in my house I can barely make calls. With wi-fi on everything is fast (except the calls - lol)

It's a good test though.

ai3rocks57

Reaction score
How many bars are you getting for 3g? and it's obvious what the problem is. Your internet signal just isn't strong enough for videos. As SSH suggested, wifi should fix the problem for the most part. I can't believe someone would tell you to root it lol

OP
C

Crispy

Reaction score
That's it! That's it! I think the wi-fi / 3g.. is the problem/solution. Thanks guys!!! I love this forum!! and I LOVE DROID!!!!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have wi-fi on all the time in my house. And when I go across the street to my neighbors I have it automatically find and switch to his.

It doesn't take much power for wi-fi, it actually takes more to use 3g so don't let people scare you into turning it off and on.

gujupmp88

Reaction score
I get such terrible 3g in my house I can barely make calls. With wi-fi on everything is fast (except the calls - lol)

It's a good test though.

well, not to get off topic or anything, but 3g is only for data. it doesn't affect the call quality or anything like that. if you can't make phone calls, then the 1X signal is bad too and won't be fixed by wifi.

to the op, yes it just seems as though your connection is too slow to keep up with the data needed. wifi will fix this problem. no root is needed. if you want to test your 3g speeds, download the speedtest app from the market.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ALWAYS use WiFi if it's available and battery isn't an issue..your buffering problems should disappear.

OP
C

Crispy

Reaction score
Thanks everybody! You've re-assured me Droid is as good as any phone..

Last edited:

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
That's it! That's it! I think the wi-fi / 3g.. is the problem/solution. Thanks guys!!! I love this forum!! and I LOVE DROID!!!!

Crispy, do you realize you were rescued from the clutches of Steve Jobs in a mere 26 minutes because of these guys here? Don't ever give up without coming here first and don't ever go to iPhone, period!

Good job, guys....saved another soul that could have been lost.dancedroid

Last edited:

ChugIt

Reaction score
mountaineerndixie said:
Crispy, do you realize you were rescued from the clutches of Steve Jobs in a mere 26 minutes because of these guys here? Don't ever give up without coming here first and don't ever go to iPhone, period!

Good job, guys....saved another soul that could have been lost. dancedroid

You guys did a good deed indeed!

Reaction score
would you really wanna switch to an iphone...? have you NOT seen the news? if you hold the phone you lose signal, in that case if you really ever want an iphone just put your phone into airplane mode and BAM you have an iphone XD

him

Reaction score
On a side note i noticed using the new youtube via the web vs the app is a better expierence.

And if you thought your vids buffered a lot on verizon...wait til you get your shiny new iphone and have no signal. Dont think you would have gotten much further on ATT.

J

Johnly

Apparently, the problems I've been having with my Droid are problems only effecting me. I'm so frustrated, so dis-heartend.. The only "advice" I've been givin is to load some kind of "ROOT" app/software.. which might "BRICK" my phone.. (Destroy my phone?) Anyway, before I switch, see my previous post/concern below..

I'm having a heck of a time getting videos to play.. In particular, Utube "high quality" vids (only loads about half the time) and when they do play, they often freeze mid way through. I also just downloaded the new Fox News app (which is getting great reviews) and I can't get those vids to work hardly at all. Sometimes the video play bar catches up too fast to the download bar.. Does that make since? Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? PLEASE HELP!!

Thx
Original Motorola Droid
Get an iPhone! Nuff said.......

Status
Not open for further replies.