Time to switch to Iphone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
oh thank the droid! when i saw this thread title i almost shat bricks, i thought we were losing someone to the dark side... or well... would we be the dark side to the general public? .... .... i would like to take this time to be thankful for the fact that i have a Droid, and i dont know what i would do without it always there to complete any task i throw at it. Crispy, the longer u have ur droid the more u will learn about it and be impressed with its true awesome-ness, and if u keep on hopping around on these great forums u will continue to appreciate this beast more and more. i know i do.

i have froyo and all that jazz running on here and couldnt be happier.

CHEERS DROID USERS! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Russ2387

Reaction score
Glad you are happy. Btw you will NOT brick your phone if you root. You can't brick the Droid. Its easy to root, install roms and return to stock form. If you so desire.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apparently, the problems I've been having with my Droid are problems only effecting me. I'm so frustrated, so dis-heartend.. The only "advice" I've been givin is to load some kind of "ROOT" app/software.. which might "BRICK" my phone.. (Destroy my phone?) Anyway, before I switch, see my previous post/concern below..

I'm having a heck of a time getting videos to play.. In particular, Utube "high quality" vids (only loads about half the time) and when they do play, they often freeze mid way through. I also just downloaded the new Fox News app (which is getting great reviews) and I can't get those vids to work hardly at all. Sometimes the video play bar catches up too fast to the download bar.. Does that make since? Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? PLEASE HELP!!

Thx
Original Motorola Droid
Get an iPhone! Nuff said.......

Or just fix the problem by turning on wifi. ;)

A much better thread title might have been "Help, why won't my videos play" Glad it all worked out though. My first thought when I saw the title was, "Is this someone stopping by to stir up trouble?"

OP
C

Crispy

Reaction score
I-Phone should include a role of duck tape with every purchase. Ha Ha. You all have no idea how happy I am.. Wi-Fi has completely solved my problem(s). Again, I LOVE this forum!!!

iteration2

Reaction score
I-Phone should include a role of duck tape with every purchase. Ha Ha. You all have no idea how happy I am.. Wi-Fi has completely solved my problem(s). Again, I LOVE this forum!!!

To further explain, just turning on WiFi doesn't solve all problems. WiFi is only for when you're within the very short range of a wifi transmitter. It won't usually work when you're out and about, which is what 3G is for. However, the problem you have with 3G is entirely independent of whether you're using an Android phone or an iPhone. Ironically, the biggest complaint amongst iPhone users is that they get really lousy 3G reception (due in part to hardware design flaws, but mostly due to AT&T's network).

Of course, the reason that AT&T's network is so lousy is mostly because of all the iPhone users all vying over a limited supply of bandwidth.

Unfortunately, over the past month or 2, probably due to the skyrocketing popularity of Android, Verizon 3G has also gotten really, really slow (at least compared to what it was a few months ago).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
:closed_2:
Since we are name calling this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.