time on battery wrong

brucefulton

Reaction score
My battery life is about the same as before ICS so far, so I'm not having the battery degradation issues some people are reporting, and I did not do a factory reset. But...

I'm noticing that the time on battery (system | battery) is simply wrong, and somewhat arbitrary. For example, I took my phone off the charger at 6:00 am this morning. At 3:00pm or so, it showed time on battery to be 7 hours instead of 9, and now at 5:30pm, it's now showing 6 hours on battery. It's been in my pocket for nearly 12 hours (although still showing 70% with gps/wifi on and moderate email and facebook use). Anyone else?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My battery just went 46 hours on one charge (using the hell out of it AND the ICS download) the "Battery Time" said "1d 23m 0sec" not even close.
I do however know how many hours are between 4:00pm Friday and 2:00pm Sunday. Amazing Battery Life, Not sure what is going on with some of our members phones. I certainly hope they start to experience this kind of joy.
A FDR is a place to start then cycle and train the meter a few times. Then it is time for forensic problem solving, there are tons of things to tweak on these phones to MAXX the battery, I'm finding new stuff every day.