Tim Cook, Larry Page & Tech CEOs Hold Secret Meeting with Top Republicans about Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Narsil

Narsil Silver Member

Ratings:
    +307
    That's one of the things a lot of people like about Trump is the idea that he can't really be bought. He can, but it isn't in the same way as normally wealthy politicians are bought. That's one of the main reasons why the Democrats, the Republicans, and corporations are so terrified of a President Trump. They will have virtually no way to control him.

He's grumpy and jerky enough to tell the Democrats to sit down, shut up, and stop whining. He's self-assured and self-financed enough to tell the GOP to sit down, shut up, and stop whining.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +26
    Current Phone Model:
    S8
    For years now we have been calling for electing out the career politicians that have been the big part of "ruining our country". The emergence of Donald Trump as a forerunner in the race for President is a result, and possibly the beginning of the end for career politicians, and I think it has them scared. They are realizing that the American people are completely disenfranchised with the government and are potentially standing our ground to make a change. Do I think Trump is the right person for the job, not really. Would I choose him over Clinton, yes. If we truly want to get rid of career politicians, then we will have to learn to deal with them either being fantastic, or terrible at the jobs we elect them to do.

3. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    We need to get rid of this antiquated electoral college BS & start using a nationally based popular vote.

S5 tap'n

4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I'm not the political type..believe it or not if you grow up inna family of backstabbers and just plain out bad people..you could see the political game as what happened last Christmas...that said..

I know trump has his agenda, it's just more palatable than a person who should (IMHO) be in jail,..but I'll go no farther..

It sucks that in this day of what was a great country..we're voting for the best of the worst and our politicians no longer do what we say..they govern us around like sheep.. And that's just the start of things..you never know what's really what because the news cooks the numbers and reports on what it's told to report on..

In this country..we're free. Free to do as your told..step across that line and it can mean trouble..I have no issues with rules.. But micromanagement via too many rules..that's where I draw the line..

• Like Like x 1
  5. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Career politicians aren't the problem, though. If we get that rare politician that is great at his job, then hell yes, please make a career out of it.
    You need to be annoyed at your fellow citizens who continue to elect the bad ones.
    There are many problems: lobbyists and corporations having more influence then we do, people voting for names in instead of people. Unions. The way the political system is run. It shouldn't be about who raises the most money, not to even mention our elected officials should NOT be fund raisers. Do your job.
    Each candidate should get the same amount of money to campaign. Let's see who does best on a BUDGET. ;)
    ... I could go on.
    And on and on and on...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1