Thunderbolt. "Android System". High CPU.

revelated

Reaction score
This is the first time that Google search has failed me due to generic naming.

I use Watchdog Lite to keep an eye on runaway processes. I also keep tabs on my battery because even though I'm using an extended, I figure I can go approximately 23 hours before needing a charge, which still pales in comparison to other phones with extended batteries - and that's with conservative usage. I AM rooted, but to my knowledge I am not using a custom ROM or kernel or anything.

I got into the habit every morning of doing a full restart of the phone, because I noticed that while it would say 100% charged, if I restarted it was suddenly down to between 90% and 98%. So then I would plug it back in, which is kind of a pseudo bump charge. This worked well until this morning, when I unplugged, restarted and noticed it stayed at 100%. So I'm figuring that the battery finally knows what its true capacity is.

However, Watchdog Lite then barks at me telling me "Android System" is taking up over the threshold I've set which is 30%. I go in and see Android System is upwards of 80-90% CPU when nothing is going on that I can see. It may quiet down later, but my problem is that I don't want this happening all the time, because it's wasting battery for no reason.

What's strange is that, if I battery pull instead of button restart, Android System goes to maybe 25%, then quiets down and stays there, which seems to indicate a possible issue with some process or app that is not able to get back up and running, or some straggler process that is only released when the battery is pulled.

My question is what is causing the Android System to go haywire so I can address it without having to battery pull all the time? Does anyone have a definitive as to what is doing it?

soulshot96

Reaction score
Check your downloaded apps. Uninstall the ones you don't want. If that don't work wipe your cache. And if that don't work factory reset. And if that don't work unroot, return and get a different phone. That's all the advice I can give ya.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums