Thoughts on this...Razr V4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have heard about this thing a few times. I don't know if it's going to be real or not, but seems like they are in a race with Sammy to produce the first foldable smartphone. I have seen news leaks for both their (Moto RAZR 4) and Sammy's prototype quite a few times the past year. Maybe foldable phones will be the new thing sometime?

After watching the video I have to say, this is the best looking foldable smartphone render I have seen yet. This one I might actually buy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a concept video by 3rd party. No such phone is planned by moto.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh, I think Moto is planning it alright. It may never see the light of day, but I've seen several articles in my news feed about a Moto foldable phone. I wouldn't be surprised if every large manufacturer is planning one.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They filed a patent over 2 years ago for it, about same time as samsung was toying with idea of folding screen. Nothing came of it and I hardly doubt will. We can't keep flat screens protected, forget about folding ones.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
They filed a patent over 2 years ago for it, about same time as samsung was toying with idea of folding screen. Nothing came of it and I hardly doubt will. We can't keep flat screens protected, forget about folding ones.

folding ones are better protected :) a lot of companies have filed for a patent for folding screens.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I think they could have two screens that are bezel less at the hinge end and could merge them almost seamlessly. This would reduce the fatigue over one a flexible screen. BTY, I'd have to check one out. I still have my V3, never know when I'll get 200-300 for trading in a a phone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My father in law has been using my v3 since I bought my first Droid in 2010. Two batteries later and it's still running

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If they made this it would be a hit. Nostalgic nuts like me. And form factor, 7 inch screen that's like a Droid x in the pocket.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk