Thoughts on Purity or Shifter using 3rd party Launchers

wizard

Reaction score
I have been a firm user of Th3oryroms, I have been using for a Real long time as far as Bionics go. I decided that I liked Blur so I ended up following the Shifter side of things. I saw on Twitter where DroidTh3ory tried out GoLauncher with GoWidgets. WOW what a cool app/apps. Here is my questioning thoughts and where I am welcoming comments back. Seeing as I am Using Shifter at this point running GoLauncher over top of it my Battery life has been cut in half. My thinking is that both launchers are some how running at the same time. If this is true then all widgets both on the Blur Launcher and the GoLauncher are all running and eating up battery. Another idea is that the Ramping CPU script does not turn back down with an after market Launcher running? Ideas feed back any one?

Ok Second part, I think I want to continue using GoLaucher so that means I don't need Blur. So I guess with the new release of Purity I will be installing it. Is there any apps like Corporate sync, Gmail or other apps one might need in a Personal/Work phone. Will Music and other apps still talk across the Frame work or was that directly a Blur ability? (What I am asking here is Will Music still have controls on the Lock Screen or will things like that go away in Purity?)

Thank you for any and all help

Sadahiro

Reaction score
I am currently using Purity and I think its really great. I too kinda turned away at the fact of losing Blur because I was kinda brought into the market with it, but after I made the switch to Purity, I didn't see that much of a different.

My battery life has in fact been about the same I think. Of course I did a battery calibration after I flashed the new rom. When I first installed Purity, It asked me which launcher I wanted to use. I first selected ICS one but then I really didnt like it because of the 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen that kinda cut your screen a little smaller. So I switched to Go Launcher and when I did was I deleted the Cache for ICS and that stopped 2 launchers from running at the same time.

My Gmail and Yahoo mail have been working fine. I get work messages to my yahoo account all the time. Sorry I don't use corporate sync so I can't give any feedback on that. As for the music from the lock menu, Ive only seen that feature once in my Bionic career and I can't remember when I had that. But I don't think I have that anymore.

OP
wizard

wizard

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Hoping to get a few more comments

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
wizard

wizard

Reaction score
Oh yea major helpful. Once he releases the new purity I an taking the plung.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

crashx2

Reaction score
Bionic running Purity2.4 with IC3
I'm using GoLauncher, went to settings, manage apps, then deleted extra launchers. Running hard I get about 16 hours without a charge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
wizard

wizard

Reaction score
Bionic running Purity2.4 with IC3
I'm using GoLauncher, went to settings, manage apps, then deleted extra launchers. Running hard I get about 16 hours without a charge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TY, I was screwing with the Status bar trying to change some colors and I soft Bricked my bionic (Again) I have loaded the Purity Base and GoLauncher. Hoping DroidTh3ory is able to Release the Purtiy update for IceBread. The Server is down so I figure he is uploading.

Thanks again for all the Input makes my life easier than Loading and saying $h1T I messed up and need to Start over again.