Liberty or Purity

Vyruz

Reaction score
I have been using purity for about a week but i heard that liberty is better. Would you say so? I use to use liberty on my D2 and i liked it. What does one do better over the other or is there another rom that is superior to both?
thanks for the feedback

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I am the type when I find a ROM I like I stick with it. That being said I am on Purity and have found no reason to try anything else. With my Droid X I ran Apex for a while then tried Liberty and Tranquility. Did not like either. Found my way right back to Apex. IMO if it ain't broke, don't break it.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Moving to Bionic ROMS

chefb

Reaction score
Im debating the same thing......try both...I belive that they have a customizer pro for a 5.00$ donation.

OP
Vyruz

Vyruz

Reaction score
will you tell me which you prefer after you've tried both

AlexSB

Reaction score
On liberty ATM, Gonna flash the update soon and get the customizer Off the market too, I don't mind donating to devs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NoKz

Reaction score
I've used both. Personally, I'm liking Liberty more atm. I love the customization, choosing which version of the apps I want to install, the lockscreens, etc. I have noticed a slight improvement in battery life in Liberty over purity. So for now, I'll be sticking with Liberty. ^_^

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've used both and both are great. I found absolutely no difference in battery live, speed or smoothness. For me, and YMMV, it comes down to a personal preference of appearance. I'm at the same place I eventually reached on the Droid 1 and that is to pick a rom that has available themes you like. As the roms mature for any phone, they all become very, very similar. It's the available themes that are different.

Also, if you get a rom install that gives you issues it almost always is either a bad install or a bad download. Just immediately reinstall the rom and if that doesn't fix your issues, re-download and then re-install the rom. I've never had that fail to correct issues.

Good luck and try them all.

themistah

Reaction score
flash and try them yourself its the best way to find the one for u.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

natedogg11

Reaction score
I've used both...currently on Kinetix (just like Purity) and I'd give a slight edge to Liberty. Keep in mind I said slight bc it is really close. They each have advantages. Purity has the TPAX and the devs are very accessible. Liberty has the options of putting some Blur back in, which I really like, and also lets you edit the lockscreen in so many ways. You can't go wrong with either...try them both. It really is just a matter of opinion. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

OP
Vyruz

Vyruz

Reaction score
currently on Kinetix (just like Purity)

Have you tried Purity? I was going to flash Kinetix because it is .894 base but i dont know if it is better. I have been having issues with data connection on purity (i wont have any data access 3g or 4g or anything for full days)

gsDroid

Reaction score
I'm on Kin3tx base, no theme, ui, or tpax. It runs great, including the webtop connection. My data access has been very good.

OP
Vyruz

Vyruz

Reaction score
Okay then im going to flash to that see if it is any better than purity. With no theme is it like a stock android experience or blur?