Thoughts on my Droid Razr, please respond

Reaction score
I already posted this in another thread, just reposting for general responses. Let me know if we're on the same page.

Thoughts:

In regards to the phones speed, this thing is far better then adequate... Things load on demand, high quadrant scores, Nena mark as well even with a generation old gpu... UI only lags when multitasking otherwise smooth...

Battery is not too great thus far. I'm at 3 hrs 50 mins on wifi at 40%, 4G disabled while surfing the internet, this forum and listening to music on medium high volume. I could do that on my Thunderbolt with 1350mah (be that as it may my TBolt is rooted and Das Bamfed)... Not impressed at all truthfully...

Screen is vibrant and full of color and rich blacks although the whites are much more "plasma" like compared to other versions of the AMOLED and S-LCD's on the market. The response time is fantastic but, unlike the Fascinate, Charge and DINC, the pixelation is present at normal to close range all the way out to about 15 inches or so... Resolution is not so important for me and thus not a big deal but pixelation on AMOLED and pentile screens is very big deal... Again not impressed...

Screen is not particularly responsive when utilizing the keyboard to type in landscape mode... Takes a bit of precision, TBolt definitely handled this much better...

Headphone amp is much weaker in Razr compared to TBolt tho this is only noticeable in higher end headphones (Beyer dynamic DT880Pro)

1080p video is a nice plus, noise cancelling very good... Camera Quality? After viewing many different videos and photographs from both phones on my computer taken in broad daylight, videos and pictures are coming out much better on the Thunderbolt??? Tho this is arguably a feature HTC and Samsung have all but mastered...

Data signal didn't work for the first couple hours I got the phone, by the time I was going to call Verizon it kicked in... However, my data signal has continuously come n gone freely... So I've been using wifi primarily. Not nice to know my data signal is iffy at best.

The design is fantastic and so is the feel of this thing... But as you can see I'm feeling like I might have check out the Rezound very carefully and possibly trade this thing in... We'll see...

And it comes with an unreasonably short charging cable.... I dunno guys, I'm a Moto fan too, from OG to DX and Xoom but this one is feeling a bit like a disappointment...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
In addition to data loss, I've also been suffering from intermittent voice signal loss too. Never had that happen where I live. I live in an area where the three cities here are in one of the biggest counties in CA. 600k+ population. Not HUGE but definitely significant. Only one city away from 4G. This doesn't make sense to me...

lobo13

Reaction score
I haven't experienced that at all. Though from hitting the back button or home button from browser, I have seen a little bit of lag. Thought this wouldn't happen on a dual core phone. But, my DX did the same thing. :( Kind of sucks. But overall a good phone.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes the phone has to think a bit but it catches up pretty quickly... I'm a bit of a power user so its kind of disappointing to have to deal with some of these problems... Probably wouldn't matter so much if I was not so particular...