Thoughts of trading in Bionic for Razr

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do you like about it. What phone did you come from?

Do you turn the brightness all the way up? How is the haptic feedback? Weak or strong? Do you like the screen?

This Razr is amazing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

roorat

Reaction score
I haven't had a single issue with the razr! No battery issues (avg charge lasts at least 20 hours), no heat issues, great display (upgraded from OG Droid), very happy with speed, connectivity, reception, etc. Love the design, too. I have no idea why or how others are experiencing problems, but my son and I both have the razr and both extremely happy with it. I originally planned to upgrade to the Bionic, but saw the Razr and got it instead.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah updating from the OG Droid is what I did to get the Bionic and the difference is huge.

I've heard some say their screens have a green tint or that they have to turn up the brightness. Some say the earpiece speaker rattles when it gets hot. Some don't get close to 20 hours of life unless they use smart actions.

I may switch from the Bionic but I want to make sure it's a solid phone.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well guys, its like this, I'm getting mine (bionic) wedsnesday...I was trying to get the razor, they said it had to be out 30 days for early upgrades? Whatever so I took the bio..Anyway if I don't like it I guess I can return and exchange after 14 days then again to the razor...That's my plan I'm sticking to it...Lol but the removeable batt does bug me, and the specs aren't too different as far as speed and all...
Edit..so I'm hoping to keep the bionic...
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Gmansurge

Reaction score
What do you like about it. What phone did you come from?

Do you turn the brightness all the way up? How is the haptic feedback? Weak or strong? Do you like the screen?

I like the feel in my hand, the performance, it fits in my pocket nicely, the display is very nice and I let the ambient light sensor set the screen brightness, it has been very stable, etc... I really like the accessories for it. I have the bed side dock and the Droid Roadster. I will be getting the 14" Lapdock as soon as it becomes available. I had a Droid X before the Razr and it was a good phone, but the Razr is definitely a step up.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the feel in my hand, the performance, it fits in my pocket nicely, the display is very nice and I let the ambient light sensor set the screen brightness, it has been very stable, etc... I really like the accessories for it. I have the bed side dock and the Droid Roadster. I will be getting the 14" Lapdock as soon as it becomes available. I had a Droid X before the Razr and it was a good phone, but the Razr is definitely a step up.

That's cool ...But I never put phones in my pocket as they are too subject to an accident with my habits..lol I always keep them well protected in a case with clip on belt...lol and a faster grab for use...So did you try the bionic before you purchased the razr?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep my phone in my pocket or on my desk. I had the OG Droid for 2 years unprotected and the screen was perfect.

I've had the Bionic 2 months and it looks new.

I'm sure the RAZR would stand up to what I do even better.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep my phone in my pocket or on my desk. I had the OG Droid for 2 years unprotected and the screen was perfect.

I've had the Bionic 2 months and it looks new.

I'm sure the RAZR would stand up to what I do even better.

Lol yeah that's cool..most people do pocket them...I'm a beltclip case kind of guy..lol My D2 has not one finger print since I got it without screen protectors..my old phones I used to pocket thet were touch were always eventually scratched..lol

HRod08

Reaction score
Please explain because its not out yet, for all we know it could be a great hands on phone . Its funny how people judge phones without hands on, I would never have got an Android phone if I believed everything I read.

Did I say the Rezound was no good? From what I "read" it looks like a cool phone and I would have liked to try the Beats headphones but for a phone that big I would expect a bigger battery. I say keep the headphones and throw in the extended battery instead.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Did I say the Rezound was no good? From what I "read" it looks like a cool phone and I would have liked to try the Beats headphones but for a phone that big I would expect a bigger battery. I say keep the headphones and throw in the extended battery instead.

Battery life is pretty stellar all things considered

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

J

JriderG

I don't even consider the software preloaded on the phone. I just pay attention to the hardware. This is because I know I will be flashing CM or another rom at some point.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't even consider the software preloaded on the phone. I just pay attention to the hardware. This is because I know I will be flashing CM or another rom at some point.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

My words exactly!

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
Got my Rarz yesterday from Amazon who said it was backordered but :icon_ banana:. So far this phone is rockin! On full charge playing Siriusxm for 1:30 10% drop so I don't know if that is bad but I am ok with it. My OG Droid was put to sleep in my sock drawer, I may try to sale it at some point. I agree too much bloatware took off golf,nfl, etc. so far no problem from that.

Rock On Rarz Droids

TurtleBat

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got my Rarz yesterday from Amazon who said it was backordered but :icon_ banana:. So far this phone is rockin! On full charge playing Siriusxm for 1:30 10% drop so I don't know if that is bad but I am ok with it. My OG Droid was put to sleep in my sock drawer, I may try to sale it at some point. I agree too much bloatware took off golf,nfl, etc. so far no problem from that.

Rock On Rarz Droids

TurtleBat

Glad to hear the goods! Mine is either to be here today or tomorrow!