Thoughts of trading in Bionic for Razr

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the goods! Mine is either to be here today or tomorrow!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Edit. That's a bionic I'm gettting..lol wtf was I thinking? However, if I can hold out 25 more days I can get the razr...lol two 14day returns..but I'm hoping the bionic is to my liking...

Ansa82

Reaction score
Just got Razr...bionic going back in fed ex box tomorrow....so far MUCH better 4G! Excellent screen, feels great, very impressive phone! Bionic has the promise to be an excellent quality phone...I hope they get that update out quickly!

segdoh49

Reaction score
I personally don't think I'll be trading in my Bionic for a Razr..First of all I don't care for the inability to get to the battery (stupid to me) that you cannot pull or get access to it. Second...why should I trade in a Motorola phone that has enough problems for another Motorola phone that has somewhat the same problems. Or so it seems from what I've read. Motorola needs to get their S*^t together and fix what they have before releasing another fixer. Just my 2cents.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Just a quick word on battery...been playing with new phone for 6 hours...battery still at 90%! Ive been installing new apps...texting and reading email. So far im very impressed with battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I talked online to a rep. I told them my story. I wanted the newest/latest technology. They weren't going to give me the razr originally when I was upgrading. The guy online said they were probably pushing the Bionic. Because he said they can't not give me the newest one. So, I will strongly check out the Bionic tomorrow when I get it very closely.. if I find the pentile bothers me, I will carry it to the store and swap for razr...I'm only wanting to take advantage of just being happy with my new device for two more years or opt out....whichever I feel...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's been played with for 6 hours and you're at 90% then you need to re-boot to see the battery at 30% where it should be...

Just a quick word on battery...been playing with new phone for 6 hours...battery still at 90%! Ive been installing new apps...texting and reading email. So far im very impressed with battery.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree... but if you reboot and it still reads the same or near, DANG!! But then again I'm sure we are all most familiar with the 90 to 50 instant batt drops...lol or a ratio similar..

Ansa82

Reaction score
?? I dont get it...if my battery is showing me its at 90% or whatever... why is it really 30%??? How do you figure? I have a mostly green battery symbol on top. How do you figure its so much lower than what its telling me?

Luvmyphone

Reaction score
Returned the Bionic and got the Razr and I couldn't be happier. I haven't had any issues with freezing and the battery is OK for a 4g phone.

I did the same thing. Bought the Bionic on the 8th, it dropped data and I finally couldn't get it the data to work at all and the phone started turning itself off and on on it's own. I took it back to the Vz store and they said it must have been defective. Got the Razr on the 11th when it came out and it's been great. I've had no problems and absolutely love it. The battery is better than my last phone which was the HTC Incredible. :biggrin:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing. Bought the Bionic on the 8th, it dropped data and I finally couldn't get it the data to work at all and the phone started turning itself off and on on it's own. I took it back to the Vz store and they said it must have been defective. Got the Razr on the 11th when it came out and it's been great. I've had no problems and absolutely love it. The battery is better than my last phone which was the HTC Incredible. :biggrin:

Thanks! I'm listening closely to all of you! If I have the first issue I will carry to the big red and get the razor! This is piece of mind...Can you tell me any other differences that are extreme from the two?

Ansa82

Reaction score
Its now been since 1:00 this afternoon...FULL charge...now at 8:50 pm its saying 70% battery. Im probably not using it as much as some of you. Ive got kids to feed...lunches to pack for school tomorrow etc. But ive downloaded all my apps...checked email more than a few times...texted and been following droid forums. No phone calls. Id say its moderate usage for me. My bionic would have HAD to been plugged in by now. Ive seen a big difference in this razr with the battery. Maybe it was one of the bionic "bugs" but whatever it is....thrilled with my razr!!!

Ansa82

Reaction score
I experienced really poor 4G on bionic and im apparently in a pretty good 4G zone. With bionic i had no bars or 1 at best.....with razr i have 3 bars and at times 4! No data drops yet. I will let you know if any other big differences in the next few days.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I experienced really poor 4G on bionic and im apparently in a pretty good 4G zone. With bionic i had no bars or 1 at best.....with razr i have 3 bars and at times 4! No data drops yet. I will let you know if any other big differences in the next few days.

Thank you kindly! I love this forum:)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you kindly! I love this forum:)

I guess what I'm looking at too, is, what the razor has other than thinner, and nonremoveable batt, that the bionic doesn't...I know there is the slight .2 ghz difference, anymore?
Edit; then there is the screen, if I can't stand the pentile, that may be the point..

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The battery monitor can easily have bugs and not update. There is no way on earth you can go 6 hours and lose 10%. If you go 6 hours you should be at least to 30% if not lower. A reboot will tell you the correct number.

?? I dont get it...if my battery is showing me its at 90% or whatever... why is it really 30%??? How do you figure? I have a mostly green battery symbol on top. How do you figure its so much lower than what its telling me?