Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Did it damage anything when it got loose? Will the drivetrain turn? Maybe take the plugs out, put it in 1st & give it a push. Just to see if anything is in a bind. There also some schematics on bikebandit.com. Might show if something else is missing.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Well I had it towed to my house got the battery charged and it fired right up. I turned it off to try it again and it started to make the noise again. Its very intermittent. No shavings no teeth missing. The one way clutch has play in it but is suppose to have some. Idk what the spec is. I was atty the cycle shop and they said that the clutch is probably the problem. if the play is excessive it might be walking the idler gear off the shaft so it don't make contact...idk

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Do you think this bolt is left hand threads or right hand? I was going to take it out and get to the one way clutch and see what's in there...

eddyban

Reaction score
jcwilliams said:
I'm trying to fix my 95 zx6...it makes a clacking gear to gear sound and won't turn over. I took the cover off and the starter is fine. The one way clutch spins one way and not the other which means its fine (I think). I did see that the idler gear fell right out when I took the case apart. The idler gear wasn't making contact with the clutch.

So my question is is the idler suppose to move back and forth? Or be stationary and just spin?

These photos are charging system, on the other side is the clutch and transmission in the middle. If you want to test your clutch with the engine off push your bike with the first gear and clutch and then release the clutch then your rear wheel must stop.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ride a 1998 VFR800. No pics right now.
42K miles
Carbon fiber -> hugger, tank guard, right heel guard.
Two Brothers high pipe.
Stainless steel lines
VTR Clip ons
OEM tinted screen
wheels powder coated a bronze color to match the emblems.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm done with motorcycles but use to ride a GXSR 600 and a CRF 250X which i crashed and broke my right ankle in 2 places with and gave up motorcycles..

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm done with motorcycles but use to ride a GXSR 600 and a CRF 250X which i crashed and broke my right ankle in 2 places with and gave up motorcycles..
I said the same thing in 1982 - I was involved in a motorcycle accident and broke my collarbone. I said I was done riding too, and I didn't ride one gain until 2006 when I bought a 500cc Kawasaki Vulcan. Two years later I traded up for a 1600 Vulcan which I still ride to this day. Never say never.

2BIT

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Harley Ultra and I have a question. I have a Droid Global, a V2 bluetooth headset with a 3/4 helmet. The issue I have is that I can receive a call on the headset, but I cannot make a call. I dont know if it is the headset, the phone, or it just can't be done. I thought it was supposed to be able to be done using voice commands, but riding and trying to get to the voice command menu to make a call just isnt going to happen when there is too many nuts out here in Vegas, Anyone got any suggestions?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Harley Ultra and I have a question. I have a Droid Global, a V2 bluetooth headset with a 3/4 helmet. The issue I have is that I can receive a call on the headset, but I cannot make a call. I dont know if it is the headset, the phone, or it just can't be done. I thought it was supposed to be able to be done using voice commands, but riding and trying to get to the voice command menu to make a call just isnt going to happen when there is too many nuts out here in Vegas, Anyone got any suggestions?

My suggestion is to just ride and call people when you stop. Seriously, we have enough dangers and distractions when we ride, why add more? ;-)

jcwilliams

Reaction score
http://db.tt/Fhl6Mk7m

Ok so i spun a rod bearing on my zx6 and rebuilt it. Long story short i was putting the case back together and as i was tightening up the bolts i heard something crack. Come to find out it was the case. A dowel pin had pushed through the case. All bolts went in fine by hand and case lines up prefect.

Should i be worried about this? The df app won't let me upload pics anymore so here's a link from my dropbox.
Thanks