This Phone is a big dissapointment

lavezzaf

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the forum, but i have to say this phone is a huge disappointment. This is my second bionic. the first lost network 3g 4g connection, and couldn't get it back with all the tricks (airplane mode, factory reset, pull sim card), so i returned it for a new one. Now this second one after doing standard root and freezing a lot of bloatware with Titanium Backup, the phone is now locking up alot and i have had to pull the battery a number of times.

Anyways my question... is there a good rom that i can install on this thing that is stable, wont lose network internet, and hell maybe it had a flashlight already installed and some decent widgets for news, stocks, and has a decent homepage clock?

Is this to much to ask?

I'm coming from a Droid Incredible that i rooted and loved, but sadly i lost it in a drunken stuper on halloween. Oh well.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Smeech

Reaction score
I'm running Th3oryROM 2.1 R3BLURR3D with the 5.5.983 update and its been pretty good. The only day issue I have had is it taking a few minutes (or an airplane cycle) to go back to 3g when I turn off LTE (it will have no data connection in the interim). I would never go back to stock..

But you are within your 24 day return period and the RAZR will be on the shelves on the 10th..

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can try the update that is available here. There is a topic here that has info on how to do it.

As for your phone freezing you can try a factory reset, or it might have been something you froze in TB.

I believe the lose of data issue is a radio problem and needs a radio update. Which that new update has. So any ROM you want to try make sure it has that update to it. Or you wont see any different in data lose.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Calla969

Reaction score
You can try the update that is available here. There is a topic here that has info on how to do it.

As for your phone freezing you can try a factory reset, or it might have been something you froze in TB.

I believe the lose of data issue is a radio problem and needs a radio update. Which that new update has. So any ROM you want to try make sure it has that update to it. Or you wont see any different in data lose.

ROMs can't update the radio, just the system. You need to install the latest updates and then install a custom ROM. I too am using TH3ORYROM and love it.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm running Th3oryROM 2.1 R3BLURR3D with the 5.5.983 update and its been pretty good. The only day issue I have had is it taking a few minutes (or an airplane cycle) to go back to 3g when I turn off LTE (it will have no data connection in the interim). I would never go back to stock..

But you are within your 24 day return period and the RAZR will be on the shelves on the 10th..

I'm thinking it was just a typo, but if not I wanted to make sure you knew it's a 14 day return period, not 24. The OP will still be within the 14 day return period when the RAZR comes out.

SP120k

Reaction score
hift3d ROM base is awesome. D3blurr3d pak added. First set up I've felt content with and I've tried them all except r3blurr3d 2.0+.