This is where smartphone technology is going...

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Looks like....i would manage to break that before I left the store with it. But whats the point of adding thickness for a slide out virtual keyboard?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like....i would manage to break that before I left the store with it. But whats the point of adding thickness for a slide out virtual keyboard?

Actually I believe that is where the CPU and battery etc are..lol But I see what you mean. Its extremely boxy but I imagine this is a prototype and enhancement will be made to the final. Its a brilliant idea with the keyboard. And i bet it will be one of our first quad cores? Lol

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

smam61

Reaction score

Forgot to agree with this part as well on my last post... I would have 2 separate pieces before I made it to my truck

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Perhaps. But I tend to think physical keyboards with some "depth" to the keys will be around for a good while. Just give me a BT keyboard attachable maybe as part of a protective case.

Size certainly matters with any keyboard, and I say typing with thumbs is inefficient and limited to begin with. In actuality I think such "soft" keyboards as that will be short-lived. We're going to skip right over that in the next few years with voice-to-text improving (especially with phones getting more powerful).

And to me Swype is superior to any method requiring using my thumbs to press individual keys.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perhaps. But I tend to think physical keyboards with some "depth" to the keys will be around for a good while. Just give me a BT keyboard attachable maybe as part of a protective case.

Size certainly matters with any keyboard, and I say typing with thumbs is inefficient and limited to begin with. In actuality I think such "soft" keyboards as that will be short-lived. We're going to skip right over that in the next few years with voice-to-text improving (especially with phones getting more powerful).

And to me Swype is superior to any method requiring using my thumbs to press individual keys.

Wow brother! You sound like me.. lol I was hoping they would come out with something like a bt case/keyboard as well. It can be sold to work with multiple devices and its not like it wouldn't sell. Hell I would buy the hell out of it. Lol

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

Insidious

Reaction score
Looks pretty awesome but still not sure if the virtual keyboard is really a worthy add-on